Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 14.6.1 AD Group Synchronization issue

Is there any particular attributes that TMS used to retrieving the user accounts from AD groups.

I have an AD Group imported from TMS and used for webex service. We have total 354 user associated with this group in AD but only 176 users are imported to TMS group.

I tried import users by clicking on "Update Groups from AD" button, but there is no difference.

I know that AD users has to sign in to TMS  to showup as members of active directory group. But is there any other way to avoid this single sign in and get all 354 users imported in single shot.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

1 Reply 1

vivekksi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nikhil,

"update groups from AD" is mean to add any security group from AD to TMS and define it's permission, it is not meant to pull user in a group from AD into TMS database.

Regarding your other query, currently I believe there is no way to import all 354 without them login first; however could you let me know what is requirement for the same.

For eg:

We have two Security group in AD is Admingroup and Readgroup for read only setting.

I have few users in Admingroup and others in readgroup, so if you just import these group and define permission accordingly and any user logged in from respective group will get permission in TMS as per their group permission in TMS.

User will be added only after first login and TMS will pull it's detail (if configured) for details such as First/Last Name, e-mail address and more detaisl.

Thanks,

Vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: