cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 15.5.0 with TC Software Endpoints

jklooney1225
Level 1
Level 1

My video endpoints are running TC7.3.7 and my TMS is running 14.5.0. I want to upgrade my tms to 15.5.0 because I am setting up CMS now. Before I upgrade tms will the new 15.5.0 version still work fine with video endpoints on the TC7.3.7 version?

Thanks,

John

12 Replies 12

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will not have any issues with endpoints running TC7 software, you can also check the TelePresence Interoperability Database.

Thanks for getting back to me. Would you recommend going to 15.4.4 instead since it is newer? Also, do you happen to know if the monitoring and conf control center tools will work with CMS once I integrate it with TMS?

TMS 15.5 is the newest version.  TMS 15.4.4 is just a maintenance release for those that are running 15.4.x and don't want to upgrade to 15.5 yet.

CCC does not work with CMS, you'll need to use Cisco Meeting Manager (CMM) whenever it releases later this year.  Check the TMS 15.3 and later release notes for details and information regarding the integration between TMS and CMS.

Hi Patrick,

Does TMS 15.5 support Spark Codec Plus ce-9.2.3-3?

Thanks

15.5 supports Spark Room Kit and Spark Room Kit + on CE9, so I think you'll be OK. If you are looking at Spark Room 55's or 70's neither are supported. 

I'd recommend upgrading to 15.6.1, what you have is over a year old. 

Thanks PJ.

We don't have neither 55's nor 70's.

Are you aware of any issues with 15.5?

also, is the 15.6.1 stable version?

Are you aware of any issues with 15.5?

Yes, there are a number of bugs in 15.5 which have been addressed in the later releases. You can look at these in the Bug Search Tool: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/search?kw=*&pf=prdNm&pfVal=283688292&rls=15.5&sb=anfr

also, is the 15.6.1 stable version?

TMS 15.6.1 is the latest released version and can be considered "stable". It is not a beta or other test version.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne.

I think I am sold...

We currently have the following:

TelePresence Server 4.4(1.9)

TelePresence Conductor XC4.2.

Expressway C & E X8.7.3

CUCM 10.5.2

Are any of those product software versions incompatible with TMS 15.6.1?

Also, what are your recommendations on upgrading those products?

Many thanks in advance!

Are any of those product software versions incompatible with TMS 15.6.1?

Also, what are your recommendations on upgrading those products?

All of those will work with TMS15.6.1.

I would recommend that you consider upgrading all of those products to their recent software releases which include many bug fixes and security patches. I'd highly recommend that you read the release notes for each of the latest software releases to see what you will get and any additional requirements that may be needed.

TelePresence Server is now an end of sale product. The replacement for that would be Cisco Meeting Server (CMS).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks everyone, I did open a case with TAC and they too suggested an upgrade. They are also not sure why conference control works in one area and not the other.

Anyone having issues getting the screen layouts to change under active conferences under the Conference Control Center?

If you're reffering to CMS hosted conferences, they don't work with Conference Control Centre, you need to deploy a Cisco Meeting Management server instead (no additional license required, just download the OVA and follow the installation guide).