Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS actions required when changing VCS dial plan

Hi all,

I will be modifying my customer's VCS dial plan from exclusively H323 to SIP-only. This will be done to enable traversal through VCS-E and also prepare for migration of their VC endpoints onto CUCM at a later time. When I modify the dialplan I'll be changing endpoint URIs, Multiway aliases and the number ranges assigned to scheduled meetings.

Can you please help me understand what I need to do to ensure that:

1. TMS phonebooks are updated with the new endpoint aliases; and
  2. The existing scheduled meetings are moved onto the new number ranges

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS phone books should update automatically as long as they aren't using a manual phone book source.  You should see the phone book changes sometime after you migrate the endpoints from H323 to SIP, depending on how often you have the phone books update.

Any already scheduled conference will need to be updated to reflect the dial plan change, you can simply change the protocol that the endpoint will use from H323 to SIP in the connection settings of the conference.

View solution in original post

TMS uses the first available MCU alias at the time the conference is scheduled, and that alias is allocated to the conference until the conference is either finished or deleted.  If you look at the conference in TMS on the connection settings tab, you can see the alias that TMS assigned that conference.  You'll have to drop the MCU from the conference and add it back so it can pick up the new aliases you want to use.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS phone books should update automatically as long as they aren't using a manual phone book source.  You should see the phone book changes sometime after you migrate the endpoints from H323 to SIP, depending on how often you have the phone books update.

Any already scheduled conference will need to be updated to reflect the dial plan change, you can simply change the protocol that the endpoint will use from H323 to SIP in the connection settings of the conference.

Thanks Patrick.

Can I also update the conference alias? I'm not too familiar with how TMS sets up scheduled meetings eg. whether the MCU has any prior knowledge of the meeting before it begins or if it is dynamically created in a similar fashion to multiway meetings.

TMS uses the first available MCU alias at the time the conference is scheduled, and that alias is allocated to the conference until the conference is either finished or deleted.  If you look at the conference in TMS on the connection settings tab, you can see the alias that TMS assigned that conference.  You'll have to drop the MCU from the conference and add it back so it can pick up the new aliases you want to use.

Thanks very much for your help!

No problem, if you have run into issues or have more questions, just let us know.

If you make the changes on the endpoints directly, you'll need to do a force refresh in TMS so it can get the most updated configuration.  However, you can make the dial plan changes inside TMS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: