Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS and TMSXE Redundancy Model with F5

Georg Kehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Dear all

I have planned to build TMS Redundancy Model with 2 x BIG IP F5.

Does has anybody experience or has running TMS Redundancy Model Active/Standby (BIG IP F5 also active/standby) together with TMS Exchange Cluster

2 x TMS is running on WIN2012R2

2 x TMSXE running on seperate Server WIN2012R2

each Server in a datacenter connected via Layer 3 VLAN

2 x F5

I have read the Install guide to setup the Redundant Model but I'm a little bit unsure how are setup TMSXE cluster together with F5

Do I nee also a VIrtuel IP on the F5 for the TMSXE ?

Or how is F5 configured for TMSXE Cluster ?

Any Feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Best Regards

Georg

2 Replies 2

Sebastian Hughes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Georg.

Page 36 of the TMSXE deployment guide details how to set up redundant setup. http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsxe/install_guide/Cisco-TMSXE-Deployment-Guide-5-0.pdf

At the bottom of page 41 it talks about the load balancer if use are setting up redundancy for the Cisco TMS Booking Service.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian

Thank you for your Help, yes I have seen that, I think I'm little bit uncertain gerading F5, I have speak internally with the f5 Person, and he told me and say we must have layer connection between F5 and we setup the f5 with incoming and outgoing Interface. So now when I sea the TMSXE guide, it near to similar as the TMS redundant model, I have also to create a Virtual IP for the TMSXE connection as also for the TMS.

is that correct?

Or dou you have an example with 2 TMS Server/TMSXE server in different datacenter and and with 2 F5 Server ?

I have also ask Cisco regarding the roundtrip time between TMS/TMSXE Server, what are the minimum delay.

Best regards

Georg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: