Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS and VCS-x ip addresses changes

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am busy preparing a migration of a TMS (12.6) and VCSc and VCSe(X5.1) to a new data center.  This mean all ip addresses will change.

Doing the ip address change on both VCSc and VCSe seems straight forward (taking care also of DNS and FW settings).  From TMS side I would like to get some confirmations and guidances please. 

The TMS server is an appliance (based on windows 2003).  So I imagine I need to change the ip address on the windows level (like any other server) then also on TMS (Administrative Tools >  Configuration  > Network Settings) and also change the FQDN. Can you first confirm that I am not missing on ip address change level for the TMS? is there an order to do so?  should the server/services be reset?

My second question is:  how should I deal with the change of VCSx ip adresses on the TMS?  should I delete old entries and add new ones as it was new? or it is better to update the setting of existing entries of the VCSc and VCSe?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Ahmed

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

On the TMS server you just change it on a windows level as you said and update the IP settings in TMS as this is the IP address that is sent out to the endpoints for phonebooks, management etc..

Remember to change the DNS record as well if you use FQDN.

For the VCS, just go into the connection settings on the VCS in systems navigator and update the IP there, should do the trick.

After you change the IP you should reset the services or reboot the server.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

how should I deal with the change of VCSx ip adresses on the TMS?  should I delete old entries and add new ones as it was new? or it is better to update the setting of existing entries of the VCSc and VCSe?

It is better you just change the IP address of the VCS into the "Connection" tab in system navigator. It is not necessary to remove VCS and add it again. Also, don't forget to update the IP address of TMS into VCS configuration.

If you have TMSPE or Legacy Provisioning enable for database replication, you should force a resync after the changing, then you should run a diagnostic just to make sure that everything is ok.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi,

The username stored in TMS is either domain\username or machinename\username depending if the server is in a domain or not. When you change the computername TMS thinks of this as a "new" user and will log you in and place you in the "default" group(s) which I suspect only have booking access in your case. Change the computername back, go into TMS as the user that is working and go to user management. Find the other user with the new name and place him in the admin group. Then change the name back to the new one and log in again.

/Magnus

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

On the TMS server you just change it on a windows level as you said and update the IP settings in TMS as this is the IP address that is sent out to the endpoints for phonebooks, management etc..

Remember to change the DNS record as well if you use FQDN.

For the VCS, just go into the connection settings on the VCS in systems navigator and update the IP there, should do the trick.

After you change the IP you should reset the services or reboot the server.

/Magnus

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

how should I deal with the change of VCSx ip adresses on the TMS?  should I delete old entries and add new ones as it was new? or it is better to update the setting of existing entries of the VCSc and VCSe?

It is better you just change the IP address of the VCS into the "Connection" tab in system navigator. It is not necessary to remove VCS and add it again. Also, don't forget to update the IP address of TMS into VCS configuration.

If you have TMSPE or Legacy Provisioning enable for database replication, you should force a resync after the changing, then you should run a diagnostic just to make sure that everything is ok.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Magnus, thanks  Paulo for your valuable comments.  I will add an update to this discussion once the migration is done.

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in process of changing the ip addresses.  all looks fine until I changed the TMS server Hostname.   

Since that, when I browse the TMS, I see only "Booking" tab.   I am looking on the net right now and on the TMS admin guide.  But if someone knows what should be done to get this fixed it is welcome.  Thanks.

If I revert back to old server name then all is back and I can see all tabs (Monitoring, systems,....)

Hi,

The username stored in TMS is either domain\username or machinename\username depending if the server is in a domain or not. When you change the computername TMS thinks of this as a "new" user and will log you in and place you in the "default" group(s) which I suspect only have booking access in your case. Change the computername back, go into TMS as the user that is working and go to user management. Find the other user with the new name and place him in the admin group. Then change the name back to the new one and log in again.

/Magnus

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Magnus,

Once more thanks.  user was not set ad tms admin. I changed this an all looks fine.

Have a nice week-end.

Regards,

Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: