cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Automatic MCU Failover for CMS

ryandowdy
Level 4
Level 4

Here's the scenario: Two separate (non-clustered) CMS 2.5 nodes in TMS 15.9. Both nodes host an entirely different set of meetings. Again, these are not clustered so they do not have an Alternate IP configured. They will be clustered with a third database node eventually.

Here's the question: is Automatic MCU Failover supported between these two CMS nodes? I know it is supported for two MCUs that are in the same Zone, but will it work between two stand-alone CMS nodes? We can move meetings over if one fails if Auto Failover doesn't work.

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I haven't tried it, but my understanding of how TMS works would indicate that the meeting would be re-booked with new URI / Dial in details on the other CMS in case of failure, assuming that's how it was setup.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ryandowdy
Level 4
Level 4

I may have answered my own question by finding this in the CMM 2.6 installation guide, "In case of failure, Automatic MCU failover moves scheduled meetings from one system in TMS to another. This could be from one Meeting Server deployment to another, but it could also be to a different type of system, such as MCU."

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/Cisco-Meeting-Management/Installation/Cisco-Meeting-Management-2-6-Installation-and-Configuration-Guide.pdf#page=16

I haven't tried it, but my understanding of how TMS works would indicate that the meeting would be re-booked with new URI / Dial in details on the other CMS in case of failure, assuming that's how it was setup.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: