Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS calendar invitations (ics files) won't automatically add to Google Calendar

lukehamilton1
Level 1
Level 1

TMS v13.2.2

I wondering how to get Gmail to automatically give me the option to add the ics invites into my Google calendar.  From what I've read, gmail will only give the option to add the event through gmail if you are one of the scheduled invitees.  So...

1.  How can I make TMS include specific people/email addresses in the invitation/ics file?

OR

2.  How can I use TMS to send out a Google Calnendar invite in addition to an .ics file?

OR

3.  Is there some sort of workaround to make Windows 7 or Google Calendar add .ics files to GCal that don't have specific email addresses in them?

Thanks!

Luke

4 Replies 4

lukehamilton1
Level 1
Level 1

Just a note to add here:

I would use Outlook, but my employer has blocked its use with gmail.  I have gmail ONLY. 

I tried downloading the .ics file and then importing it into Google Calendar by clicking on the arrow next to "other calendars" and clicking "Import Calendar".  I selected the downloaded ics file and received an error:

Has no one else run into this?

lukehamilton1
Level 1
Level 1

Bump.  This HAS to have been seen before.

Have you tried any of the ideas mentioned here: http://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/2603/automatically-open-ics-files-in-google-calendar

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: