Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Cluster

Hi, 

i have lab setup with 2 TMS servers . I need to do clustering between these servers with same SQL database. I have checked in google, all the documents are mentioned with Network Load Balancer infront. Since i dont have a hardware i dont know how to do the clustering in between TMS servers.

when i asked my manager he said, there is one more way to do the clustering without using NLB and he wont tell. bcz i need to find out on my own .. which i have no idea.. Please anyone tell me ...Here is the details... 

Primary TMS server (15.1)-- 10.66.204.45

Secondary TMS server (15.1)-- 10.66.204.46

SQL 2014-- 10.66.204.40

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You can use the LB which is recommended method and other could be DNS( not so much great)

Please refer the below link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11921901/tms-redundancy

Please see the page 30 for the detailed explanation.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/install_guide/Cisco-TMS-install-guide-15-1.pdf

Regards,

Raaj

View solution in original post

TMS redundancy use to be an active/active model, but was changed to active/passive starting with TMS 14.4. Even if the redundancy model was active/active, without an NLB and using the hot standby method, you'd still be deploying TMS as active/passive because of the manual intervention to failover to the non active node in the case of a failure.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You can use the LB which is recommended method and other could be DNS( not so much great)

Please refer the below link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11921901/tms-redundancy

Please see the page 30 for the detailed explanation.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/install_guide/Cisco-TMS-install-guide-15-1.pdf

Regards,

Raaj

Hi Raaj,

Thanks for the reply. i will try that method let you know.

If you don't have access to an NLB or choose to not use one, you can configure TMS to use DNS, this it described in the "Deploying a Hot Standby" section in the TMS install guide Raaj mentions on pgs 37-40.

Thanks Patrick for mentioning "Deploying a Hot Standby" method.

Regards,

Raaj

Hi All,

As you are discussing the TMS redundancy, I would to ask a question about the automatic failover with NLB.   In the admin guide tms01, tms02 and NLB are in the same vlan.  Is this manadatory?  Or tms01 and tms02 can be in different vlan's and/or subnet? same question for SQL database?

Thanks.

Ahmed

hi Ahmed, 

As per the admin guide, Both TMS servers should be in same Windows Domain.

i dont know about the Different VLAN/SUBNET. If you tried with that setup please let  us know what happened ..  

i have done TMS Clustering using SQL mirror sync method... i think i got what i want... 

Thank you guys... I have done the "Deploying a Hot Standby" model and its working fine. In this model one server is up and running and another is on idle state.

But, in my case both the TMS servers should be up and running. is there any possible way to do that ?.

TMS redundancy use to be an active/active model, but was changed to active/passive starting with TMS 14.4. Even if the redundancy model was active/active, without an NLB and using the hot standby method, you'd still be deploying TMS as active/passive because of the manual intervention to failover to the non active node in the case of a failure.

ohh ok... Thanks Patrick.. 

hi guys.. i presented this setup to manager..he said "the active/passive redundancy without a loabbalancer, and have "most" functionality."  ... i dont know what is that...

But its something to do with "cluster should have a Probe monitor to count IIS liveliness for failovers."

Any idea ?

TMS does have a Probe URL used for redundant deployments with the NLB model, however the hot standby model does't have this feature.

If you want, you could simply monitor TMS to make sure it's up and running, if you have some sort of monitoring application that can login to the website and do a search for a particular string of text on the webpage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: