Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Conference invite template.

david.sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've got a bit of an odd question which I think I already know the answer to but I am not certain as to how functional the TMS server is when processing HTML.

Firstly what we are trying to achieve is that when we book a conference in TMS that scheduled via conductor on a vTPS that the TMS invite Email will send a response which contained an audio dial in number with an extension, the extension being the conference ID minus the domain.

so there would be a field which looks something like.

+44 (0) 01234 123456 extension 123456#

I am aware that conductor only supports URI (being that it is SIP and SIP must be number@something) dialing and does not support basic DN dialing, we route via a VCS so we can transform the DN into a URI in order for the call to succeed to the vTPS after the dial in.

So what I am wondering is if it is possible to add some embedded JavaScript into the body of the response in the Email template from TMS.

Now I understand that JavaScript is a browser based function just like HTML, it is the browser that reads and performs the function / formatting of the code. so what i was thinking would be to add something along the lines of (for an added HTML participant, use that as the match to format and edit.)

<DIV id="html"> </DIV>

<script>document.getElementById('html').innerHTML = '<p>+44 (0) 01234 123456' + '***how do I add the H.323 address response here***' + '</p>';</script>

I have tested the above JS by doing a simple maths fairly random number generator to display as a paragraph element which works, this is as follows

<DIV id="jstest"></DIV>    
        <script>document.getElementById('jstest').innerHTML = '<p>111' + Math.floor(Math.random() * 99999) + '</p>';</script>

However could this form of code be developed into a template response?

I'm thinking the answer is simply no, given that product of the JavaScript code is a browser function, but I am not sure how TMS parses the embedded HTML edit in order to generate the Email which is sent.

I would very much appreciate the take on this from one of the Cisco TMS Dev's and hope that there is some method of achieving the request.

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In TMS>Administrative tools>Configuration>Edit Email Templates.
Booking invite HTML

you could use <SECTION:NUMERIC_ID><VAL:NUMERIC_ID></SECTION:NUMERIC_ID> This will generate the meeting ID / "Access code" for the meeting.
How ever it will only generate this ID if you have added either a External SIP dial in to the meeting or added a User to the meeting.

Cheers!
//Anders 

PS. I'll attach a meeting invite from our TMS 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

In TMS>Administrative tools>Configuration>Edit Email Templates.
Booking invite HTML

you could use <SECTION:NUMERIC_ID><VAL:NUMERIC_ID></SECTION:NUMERIC_ID> This will generate the meeting ID / "Access code" for the meeting.
How ever it will only generate this ID if you have added either a External SIP dial in to the meeting or added a User to the meeting.

Cheers!
//Anders 

PS. I'll attach a meeting invite from our TMS 

Hi Anders

That looks just the ticket, are you able to confirm what bridge this runs on, is it a virtual TPS?

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals

Actually, we are running on MCU4510 & MSE8510, so not on a vTPS. Though since it is the TMS that creates the e-mail it "should" not make any difference what kind of MCU you are using as long as its not a unmanaged bridge.  

Hi Ander

This is where I think the problem occurs, we are running a virtual TPS with conductor which only supports SIP which means every dial in alias is a URI and there are no simple straight forward aliases.

This is why i think the only option we have is to manipulate the output from TMS.

Regards

Dave

Think with Portals

I'm pretty sure that the 

• <VAL:VIDEO_ADDRESS> in the booking invite will print Meeting-ID@domain.com 

While 

• <VAL:NUMERIC_ID> only gives the Meeting-ID 

Give it a try!

And remember for the Numeric_ID tag to work it needs to be inside the Section:Numeric_ID tags and you need to add a SIP dial-in to the meeting in the TMS.

There is always the "restore default button" if you manage to screw up the invite template ;)

Conductor doesn't support the legacy email variable NUMERIC_ID, see bug CSCun23958, you should use the variable VIDEO_ADDRESS introduced in TMS 14.5 instead.  In thread null-email-templates, there are some suggestions on how to only display the alias portion of the SIP address.

Many thanks for your response Patrick, i expected as much given conductor only supports SIP.

I know we can add a H.323 dial in and we get a section which states H.323 and provides a URI for that.

what i was thinking is if we can use browser side code to manipulate the output before the Email then we could take a string such as

H.323:

132465@domain

transform this via a script to

Telephone:

012345612 extension 132465#

I know i would be able to do something similar to this JavaScript and DOM but given the HTML output is Emailed I'm not certain the script would function in an Email and I was wondering if TMS had some method of running a browser side script before the Email was generated?

I'm thinking most likely not as we would need to run some server side transform before the Email is generated which would mean hacking the server which is something I certainly am not willing to attempt or even suggest.

If there was a method to allow JavaScript within the body of the response in TMS that would make it a VERY! powerful tool (not sure it would be used anywhere near to its potential though).

Think with Portals

Hi, is also possible to have http url to acess via browser?

Regards

Its already solved with Web Bridge Uri in CMS settings in TMS Configuration Web Page. This Web Bridge Uri = Web Bridge Uri in CMS Configuration Web Page. Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: