cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Configuration Dump

Michael Boscia
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a TMS equivalant of xconfig and/or xstatus?

I'm creating an as-built document to hand over to the customer and to operations, and I'm having to copy each field one at a time.

Is there a better way to do this, perhaps some way that I can get the TMS configuration in a spreadsheet or CSV of some sort.

If need be, I'll go into the SQL to get this data, but I don't really know how to do that either.

Any hints, tricks, or tips anyone would like to share?    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi michael

There is no xconf xstat for tms. Everything is contained in the tmsng database.

So you can install the sql Management studio, backup the database, restore it at another sql server. Then connevt the tms application to it.

The db contains virtually everything. Including release keys and option keys. Phonebooks an config backups from the endpoints etc etc. The table in the db that tells you a little about the tms is the dbo.tmssetting. But i would not mess around in there if your not comfortable with it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi michael

There is no xconf xstat for tms. Everything is contained in the tmsng database.

So you can install the sql Management studio, backup the database, restore it at another sql server. Then connevt the tms application to it.

The db contains virtually everything. Including release keys and option keys. Phonebooks an config backups from the endpoints etc etc. The table in the db that tells you a little about the tms is the dbo.tmssetting. But i would not mess around in there if your not comfortable with it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Don't you sleep?

So there isn't a simple way to expose the data so I can document all of the settings then?

That is rather dissapointing.

Thanks Magnus.

Hi Michael,

Not sure which paramaters you are looking for, but download the TMS logs and extract the zip file. You'll find an XML file (tmssettings.xml from memory) which contains basic TMS configuration settings.

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: