Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS connects to endpoints but is not able to update them

bkriemann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I added our Tandberg Profile endpoints to the TMS management server and inserted TMS' address into the endpoint's menus.

In TMS I can view all endpoints and their settings, but when editing these settings I get the following error message: "Could not update all settings. Details: hostAddress: [ip of endpoint], description:GetDocument Failed. URL: http://[endpoint]/putxml, base exception:The remote server returned an error: (417) Expectation Failed."

I tried several ways of connections and also didn't find any solution at the Cisco website, so I hope you can help me. All devices, TMS and endpoints, are in the same network.

Thanks,

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

First advice would be to upgrade your video network components... TMS12.1 and TC2.1.1 are pretty old by now! But if you want to give a try at the workaround I gave you, add the block at the end of the file, before in order to get something like that:

Then, save the web.config file and from a command box, run iisreset to restart the web server.

And as previously said, save a backup first!    

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben,

What TMS version are you running and what are sw versions of the endpoints...assuming they are all the same?

And how are you tracking your endpoints, i.e. mac address, IP or host name?

I'm thinking this may be DNS related? Or there is a proxy in the mix here?

cheers,

Dale

thobonho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ben,

This 417 error might be due to the fact that requests are going through a proxy server that doesn't support 100-Continue.

To check that, you can edit the web.config file in "wwwTMS" folder in TMS installation directory and insert

in order to get the following structure:

If this workaround fixes your issue, long term solution is to upgrade the proxy server to handle 100-continue calls.

But please, take a backup of your web.config before applying any changes as TMS web interface won't be accessible anymore if config file becomes corrupt. If you are not sure of what you are doing, please open a TAC case.

Hope this helps!

Thomas

bkriemann
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Dale and Thomas,

I opened the web.config file, but couldn't find the string. Can I add the block directly below the configuration?

TMS version is 12.1, version of the endpoints is TC2.1.1.200802. All Endpoints are tracked by mac addresses.

Thanks,

Ben

First advice would be to upgrade your video network components... TMS12.1 and TC2.1.1 are pretty old by now! But if you want to give a try at the workaround I gave you, add the block at the end of the file, before in order to get something like that:

Then, save the web.config file and from a command box, run iisreset to restart the web server.

And as previously said, save a backup first!    

bkriemann
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Thomas,

thanks a lot, the workaround works great. I will take care of upgrading the systems and have a look regarding the proxy server.

Best, Ben

Great, I'm glad it worked!

Just keep in mind it's a workaround. Software versions you are using are so old, that I am not even sure if your issue was caused by a proxy server. It can simply be that web server embedded in TC2 sw does not support Expect: 100-continue in request's header.