Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS credentials recovery

Hi guys ,

I have unfortunately forgot my credentials for the TMS . Is it possible to reset them, to the default . And if yes could someone help me with the process that i should follow ? Thanks in advance .

With Best Regards,

George

5 Replies 5

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello George

Can you access Windows box with TMS via remote desktop? Is your server part of domain?

Thanks

Rafal

Hi Rafal ,

First of all thanks for the immediate response .

Yes i can access the Windows box with TMS via remote desktop and yes the server is part of my domain .Thank in advance .

BR ,

George

Great

Can you access TMS using local admin account?

Thanks

Rafal

Is that feasible ? Right now i am out of the office but i will try out tomorrow . So from what i can understand you are saying that is possible to log in to TMS with the credentials ( admin) of the server , is that correct ? Thanks in advance .

BR ,

George

There are two levels of authentication when logging into TMS:

1. Authenticating to IIS. Any local or domain account can do this.
  2. The user groups in TMS - here you can restrict what users can do once authenticated by IIS.

So yes, you should be able to log in using any account. Depending on how you have configured TMS, the local account may or may not have admin access once authenticated.

If he does not have admin access, you need to do some database magic to regain admin access. I advise opening a TAC case to get it resolved.

Regards,

Kjetil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: