TMS / Dynamic Phonebooks

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a client who has the following phonebooks configured on TMS:

- All Systems (Navigator Root Folder)

- Provisioning Phonebook

The all systems phonebook contains all aliases in which the endpoint is accessible on:

• H323 URI
  • SIP URI
  • IP Address

Phonebooks are configured so Jabber (Movi) clients can view all Movi users defined throughout the provisioning directory, and also endpoints defined within the All Systems phonebook.

My issue is, i only want to advertise the URI's throughout the movi phonebooks and i do not want the IP address to be an option for them to dial. I know a manual phonebook would probably resolve this but i don't want to go down this route, anyone got any advice?

Thanks, Si

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon

Are you using TMSPE or TMS Agent Legacy? What JabberVideo for Telepresence version are you using?

I have TMSPE and jabber 4.4 in my lab and I do not see IP address eventhough this is listed in the phonebook. I only see the SIP URI when searching in Jabber.

/Magnus

Magnus,

I've just upgraded to TMSPE, there may be some user’s pre-4.4 software, but the majority are on the latest revision.

In TMS general settings, what configuration have you applied for Phonebooks? The Route Phonebook Entries option should not advertise no routable aliases dependent on the system, not sure if this makes a difference though, as an IP address is a routable address from Jabber.

Thanks, Si

Hi

Tried this before I my previous post but I forgot to include that it did not matter if I have this to NO or YES the phonebook results are still the same for me at least. Do you have FindMe?

/Magnus

Magnus,

No worries - Findme is not being used in this scenario.

Hi Simon

Any luck with this? It would be interesting to see this in a webex. It might be better to open a TAC case on this as it is easier to pin down points of interest when looking at the setup.

/Magnus

Magnus,

Still haven't made any progress on this, i'll escalate this to an SR; hopefully then we can arrange a webex session to look into this further.

Thanks, Simon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: