Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS e-mail template variables

molnarbp123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

I'm trying to customize the Booking Confirm e-mail template in TMS. I want to add the movi URI as well as other conference information and I succesfully found some movi-relevant lines in the pharse file, but I really don't know what is the name of the variable that has to be referred as the SIP URI of the conference beeing organized (like VAL:MOVI_ADDRESS or something...). Is there a list of usable variables in the e-mail templates somewhere?

Many thanks for the answers in advace!

Regards,

Balazs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Arne,

i were just searching the forum for this informatioand found your post. I have TMS 14.2.2 and TMSPE 1.1. I can't to remove the iCal attachment but even if iu remove it, save tha changes and then create a new conference the TMS still sends that attachment.

is this a known bug or might it be some other setting that i have overlooked?

::EDIT::      

Well it's just classic, i just realised that i probably forgot to check the text version of the mail and of course there it was. I removed the tag from there and it doesn't send the attachment anymore. I know i checked there before but i must have missed it

I'm leaving this post if someone else in the future does the same misstake!

Basically, if you are sending confirmation e-mails which is set to "multipart" (both HTML formatted and plain text) you have to remove the from both templates...

Message was edited by: Michel Tosu

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

aostense
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Balazs,

If you're on the "Administrative Tools > Configuration > Edit E-mail template"-page (pageId=211), and press the help button, you will see the variables that can apply:

Edit Email Templates

Use this page to change the layout and text for all email templates in Cisco TMS. Each template has a plain text and an HTML version which you can edit.

The Edit section contains:

• The email template layout in HTML or TXT format, which contains tags described below.
  • The phrase file where you can alter the text for tags for each language.

When editing email templates, you can:

• Click Refresh in the Preview section to see how the message will look.
  • Click Discard Changes to discard your unsaved changes.
  • Click Revert to Default to reset the edited template/phrase file back to the default.

Explanation of tags

• {…} Curly brackets indicate a phrase tag that you can add to the phrase file and the template.
  • <…> Angle brackets indicate a tag that can only be moved or removed from templates; you cannot create new tags of this type.

Note: If you  want HTML characters such as angle brackets to be visible in the e-mail,  you must use HTML character encoding. Example: use > when you want to show >.

These are the Cisco TMS tags for use in the templates.

Tag Description

{MAIL_HEADING}

This tag will be replaced by the corresponding text from the language phrase files.

This tag will be replaced by values specific to each email, for example the title of the conference.

[…]

If no value is inserted in a value tag, the section containing the empty value tags will be deleted from the email. For example, if a conference has no references, the entire section will not be displayed.

[…]

This tag  ensures that specific information will be displayed per repetition. For  example, participants: each participant will be listed in the email  with the participant name and routing information specific to that  participant.

This tag enables sending the specified attachment in the email. Removing this tag will stop Cisco TMS from sending the attachment the tag indicates.

I'm not sure of any other variables you can use in these templates.

Could you provide an examle on how you want it to look? It could perhaps be a feature request.

Regards,

Arne

Hello Arne,

i were just searching the forum for this informatioand found your post. I have TMS 14.2.2 and TMSPE 1.1. I can't to remove the iCal attachment but even if iu remove it, save tha changes and then create a new conference the TMS still sends that attachment.

is this a known bug or might it be some other setting that i have overlooked?

::EDIT::      

Well it's just classic, i just realised that i probably forgot to check the text version of the mail and of course there it was. I removed the tag from there and it doesn't send the attachment anymore. I know i checked there before but i must have missed it

I'm leaving this post if someone else in the future does the same misstake!

Basically, if you are sending confirmation e-mails which is set to "multipart" (both HTML formatted and plain text) you have to remove the from both templates...

Message was edited by: Michel Tosu

Hello all!

For example, we have NUMERIC_ID 12222.

I need to add dial in number for audio participants to the email like this +55577772222.

So I need to strip one digit from NUMEIC_ID and then add prefix +5557777

I tried using JavaScript for that, TMS ignores it.

We had a similar situation.  We dealt with it by changing the actual Numeric ID range in TMS and changing the VCS dial plan to suit, e.g

1. Change your Numeric ID range in TMS from 122XX to 22XX
  2. Change your email templates so that they display '1[NUMERIC_ID]' for on-net dial in
  3. Now your NUMERIC_ID variable doesn't unclude the '1', you can append it to the phone number dial in range e.g. '+555[NUMERIC_ID]
  4. Create a VCS search rule or transform that strips the '1' from '122XX'

Thanks, Nick.

Nice trick.

nick.hobson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Balazs,

Were you able to find a list of the supported Tag Values, I'm also customising the template to show the TMS alias used for the bridge as a way to advertise the bridge call in number.

Regards

Nick

Hi Nick - I'm not sure about your other issues but the bridge dial in number variable should be "NUMERIC_ID"

We have ours configured like so (where 111 is a prefix that is stripped before sending the call to the bridge):

{NUMERIC_ID}:111

and in the phrase file to the right, we have:

{NUMERIC_ID}Dial in number

So when we book a conference with a bridge number of 222, the line in the email would look like this:

Dial in number: 111222

Unfortunatetly the NUMERIC_ID variable does not work with Conductor. I would really need that variable to add some dialin numbers for phones aso. Does anyone know if this will be in the next TMS version?

Regards,
Paul

Regards, Paul

Hi,

I also need to use the NUMERIC_ID with conductor. Be good to know when it can be used or if there is a known work around.

Tried using  VAL:PAIR_CONNECTNUMBER but seems to add the protocol i.e.   "H323: 10000" so any prefix would email "123H323: 10000"

molnarbp123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

I was not able to obtain the variable numbers yet, but as far as I know the new TMS will have some enchantments conserning this issue.

Thanks for your reply!

Regards,

Balazs

peterputt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

does anyone know how to customize the attachments?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Hi Peter,

as far as i know, the notes is the mail content as text. So if you want a different content in the attachment, you need the edit the HTML  template (or text if you use text emails).

Regards,
Paul

Regards, Paul

I was in process of fine tunning TMS email template (TMS14.4.0) and wanted to edit HTML code for invite.html to include the following by default specific to the scheduled call

For external sites

H.323 dial in Number  alias@ip address 
SIP Dial in number    alias@sip domain
ISDN dial in number   xxx xxx xxx

Also i need html code for entering do's and don't document that goes as attachment in email invite

Basically i want to enter all information for internal and external particpants so that they can dial in information and get connected on their own 

I am a novice in HTML coding and hence requesting help in this regard

Hello jigneshjani -

Including the video address in the booking invite email isn't currently possibly unless you include a dial in participant.

See my discussion here for more details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: