Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Email template - Audio dial-in hyperlink

mn4
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer asking if they can get the audio dial-in hyperlink on the confirmation email.

The meeting scheduler will forward the details to the invitees which then would be able to join by their mobile (iPhone or Android) by simply clicking on it.

The syntax in the email template should be as follows

<a href="tel:012345678,,<VAL:NUMERIC_ID>#,,<VAL:MEETING_PASSWORD>#,,">iPhone</a>

however it will result in "The email template contains syntax errors and cannot be saved or used to generate a preview" error.

To troubleshoot it I have tested the following:

Removing <VAL:MEETING_PASSWORD> will make it be accepted.

Replacing <VAL:MEETING_PASSWORD> with <VAL:NUMERIC_ID> will not work.

Seems like the HTML syntax here is not accepting two variables in the same href (<VAL:NUMERIC_ID> and <VAL:MEETING_PASSWORD> in my case).

Has anyone there experienced this?

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

MN

2 Replies 2

Seen it already but unfortunately does not seem to help here.

As per David's consideration in his thread it's hard to think that you may manipulate the html content throughout JavaScript or similar before putting it into the TMS email template.

The point here is that the TMS email template appearently does not allow to concatenate two or more variables into the same href:

<a href="tel:012345678,,<VAL:NUMERIC_ID>#,,<VAL:MEETING_PASSWORD>#,,">iPhone</a>

...or maybe I am missing something about HTML (which I am all but an expert about).

Thank you so much Jonathan, let me know if you have further suggestions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: