cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Endpoints not in phonebook

rlyon0001
Level 1
Level 1

Our endpoints are no longer showing up in our phonebook. I am NOT an expert on the TMS.  Any idea on how to fix this?

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The problem you describe is quite general, do you have any details of what might have changed? Upgrade of TMS? Change on the network? Firewall? Are all endpoint affected or only few? If all are affected then the issue is most likely tms (web server). There are lots of other threads in this forum discussing pb issues. Have you tried searching the existing threads?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

rlyon0001
Level 1
Level 1

Nothing has changed that I am aware of. All endpoints are affected.  Shouldn't it add them automatically? Or do I need to setup something?  I only had an hour of training after this got setup.

Hi,

As far as I can see you have new installation.

Please refer this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco_TMS_Admin_Guide_14-2.pdf

From page 193 you will get quite good explanation and on page 199 you will find explanation how to setup phone books on systems.

Best Regards,

Artem Borodai

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

To cover the basics if all the connectivity factors and management settings are OK. The only thing you need to do in TMS is to set the phonebooks on the systems. If the systems have the phonebooks set and they still do not get anything then it might be a connectivity issue as all pb requests are live. Here there is a number of things that can be the issue, the most common being the Public folder in the IIS server hosting the TMS web interface having an authentication issue. To troubleshoot this you can do a wireshark on the TMS server it self and see what is being received and sent when the ep does a pb request.

If this is all greek to you, you might be better off opening a TAC case. But you said it was working before right? Then something must have changed...

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App