cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Extension for Exchange

Justin Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any update as to when a new version of the Exchange extension will be released that supports Exchange 2010? I am having trouble finding any information on this product on Ciscos site.

28 Replies 28

Hi Mkeenan

Sorry about that, of course you are right, I was messing up with the outlook client support. Regarding the date I´m not sure, but it´s coming soon.

/Magnus

Abhishek Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Any update on TMSXE 3.0.  When is it being launched.  I am looking to integrate Exchange 2010 with TMS 13.1.2.  Also another question is it must that the user has be present in TMS to book the meeting when  booking thought OUTLOOK.  What kind of permissioning is reqired at a user lever in exchange to enable user to book the meetings.

Thanks

Abhi Sharma

User account do not have to exist in TMS in order for them to be able to schedule meetings through Outlook.  The first time that a user schedules a resource that is integrated with TMS and Exchange a user account will be created for the user in TMS and the user will be added to the default user groups that are configured in TMS. 

As far as being able to schedule meetings in Exchange this depends on how the resource accounts are configured from a security perspective. This would be different in some environments depending on their security model.  But in most cases all users have the ablility to schedule resources within Exchange.

Thank you for your reply Tim.  This is great.  Just another question.

you mentioned that a user account will be created in TMS.  Is this the user account of the organizer.  If that is the case, what if that already exists in TMS.

I have approx 15000 user world wide in different AD forests.  They all have ability to schedule resources with in exchange.  TMS is only pointed to the single AD and approx 2000 user are synced with AD using LDAP rest of them are in different AD forests with TRUST.

Please let me know.

Thansk

Abhishek Sharma

The user account of the organizer.  For example I login to my PC with my domain account timwalk.  I then open my Outlook client and schedule a meeting.  In TMS a user account cisco\timwalk will be created.

Hi Abhi,

Cisco TMSXE 3.0 is right around he corner --  we hope to release next week.

Permissions on a user level in Exchange: As long as a user is allowed by the Exchange booking policies to book the resource representing the TelePresence system, TMSXE/TMS will accept he booking. Throwing TMSXE into the mix won't change anything permissions wise.

Regards,

Kjetil

Thank you for your reply.  Is it possible for one of you to call me.  i have some more questions i want to clarrify.  I assure you it will be no more then 5 min call.

Thanks

Abhi Sharma

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Extension for Microsoft Exchange (Cisco TMSXE) 3.0 is now available for download from cisco.com.

Links to documentation:

Regards,

Kjetil Ree

Kjetil,

Thanks for the links to the forms. I found in the release notes the following statement "Previous versions of Cisco TMSXE were installed on the Exchange server itself. Cisco TMSXE 3.0 must be installed on a separate server".

When it says "separate server", does it mean its own server? Bluntly put, do you know if I can use the TMS server to install TMSXE 3.0? I found nothing in the docs (so far) that says it can or cannot be installed on the TMS server.

When we say "separate server", we basically mean "not the Exchange server".

We generally recommend installing TMSXE 3 on its own, separate Windows server, but sure, you can install it on TMS's Windows server if you want to.

Regards,

Kjetil

Thanks a million! For us a separate server is not available and wouldn't be for some weeks to come. The deployment is all but ready and the delay for the separate server would not be a good thing!! So thanks again for the info ('recommend its own server but can be put on the TMS server')

Kjetil,

Just to be clear.  Cisco's Best Practice recommendation is what for the TMSXE? 

1. TMSXE and TMS 13.1.2 on the same server

2. TMSXE on a separate server and TMS on a separate server

What I am hearing from Timothy is that as some point they may have a separate server and if so, then they will want to move the TMSXE to another server.

I think that our best practice configuration for the TMSXE is for it to be installed on a separate server from the TMS server.

Mr. Walker,

We recommend scenario 2: separate servers for TMSXE and TMS.

If one ever needs to move TMSXE from one Windows server to another, just uninstall it on the first, and then do a fresh install using the same connection settings.

Kjetil

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hello Kjetil,

I have a question about High Availability options. We were going to install twi TMS servers behind a load balancer and external SQL databse on our existing SQL cluster. How can we make TMSXE work with this solution? Is there any better HA solution?

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: