Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS generates 1 second Ad Hoc meetings

Raymond Choi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm hoping someone has come across this problem before. The issue is that when an Ad Hoc participant joins a TMS booked conference, TMS is generating numerous separate Ad Hoc meetings that go for less then a second.

Got the following setup;

- TMS 14.1.1

- Coductor XC2.0

- Cisco VCS X7.2

- Cisco MCU 5320

TMS Event Log output

Date   Type  User System  Description

5/6/13 4:53:45 PM ConferenceEnded    Conference Ended
5/6/13 4:53:45 PM ConferenceInfo    Conference Created

All inbound calls transit thru the VCS to Conductor.

Any suggestions? Idea's?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Ray

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I would think this is normal when you have ad-hoc conference discovery set to yes in the tms network settings unless there is any specific issues you are seeing. You can turn this settings off by setting ad-hoc conference discovery to no.

This setting can generate what would look like several conferences, this is so ms can show you these conferences in CCC when established.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Raymond Choi wrote:

[...]

Got the following setup;

- TMS 14.1.1

- Coductor XC2.0

[...]

Hi,

TMS 14.1.1 and Conductor XC 2.0 is not a supported setup. Do you see the same thing with a XC 1.2 Conductor?

Regards,

Kjetil

Adam Wamsley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Check you VCSE and VCS search history for calls that should not be there. You could be getting fraudulent calls attempts that get routed to your MCU and then killed there. TMS could detect this as an ad hoc call before the MCU drops it (usually by the setting "incoming calls to unknown conferences or auto attendant" = "Disconnect Caller"

You may see calls come in as 100@1.1.1.1 10@1.1.1.1 etc.

Adam

Raymond Choi
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your replies.

Magnus - Yes, I can see it being the expected behaviour however it generates these conferences even after all endpoints have connected and at random throughout the meeting. A 30 min meeting can generate 20 - 40 of these Ad Hoc conferences.

Kjetil - I haven't seen any documentation stating that the version of TMS with Conductor is not support. Would you happen to have any supporting links/documentation?

Adam - Good thought, however all calls are being generated from known IP addresses.

It does make me think though if the Hop Count has anything to do with it in the VCS zones.....

Hi Raymond,

Request you to share complete set of conference event logs from TMS.

Regards

Sumeet Rakesh

Raymond Choi wrote:

[...]

Kjetil - I haven't seen any documentation stating that the version of TMS with Conductor is not support. Would you happen to have any supporting links/documentation?

[...]

See

Regards,

Kjetil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: