Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Getting Error When Loggin Into It - Value Cannot Be Null Connection String

caryrocker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Currently TMS is running version 12.6 and while logging into it we are getting error messages attached. We have tried restarting the box;which has not helped.

I really appreciate your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Well did something recently change in regards to users and / or the domain? Are you trying to login with the local users or domain users? I have had issues like this before but I need a lot more information on the case. 

For similar cases a webex is often necessary to troubleshoot and view the log files. We do not provide that kind of support in the forums so I would really recommend you to open a TAC case on this one as it will help you resolve the issue faster.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Well did something recently change in regards to users and / or the domain? Are you trying to login with the local users or domain users? I have had issues like this before but I need a lot more information on the case. 

For similar cases a webex is often necessary to troubleshoot and view the log files. We do not provide that kind of support in the forums so I would really recommend you to open a TAC case on this one as it will help you resolve the issue faster.

/Magnus

Megnus,

Thanks foryour help !!! Attaching TMS Debug logs; hope that gives us some idea.

Hi Rizwiz

As much as I would like to help you on this I need you to open a TAC case as issues like these are pointless to troubleshoot in this forum. Do not misunderstand the term discussion from service request.

If you get a case opened you can engage in a webex with an engineer that will gather all the info he needs and not necessarily from the TMS logs.

Please let us know what the issue was once the case is resolved

/Magnus

thobonho
Level 1
Level 1

I would try to use "TMS Tools" application (you should find its shortcut in your Start Menu) to restore the connection string, in order to link TMS app with TMSNG database again. Message error says this paramater is NULL, which is not allowed.

If SQL server is local to TMS server, insert the following settings and reboot TMS server:

Hope this helps!

Hi

Try to upgrade your TMS to 13.2.1 or 12.6.2 if you do not have a service contract. That might resolve your issue. I have had a case on this just a few days ago. Same error. Upgrade resolved the issue.

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: