Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Integration with Evoko Room Manager

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts,

Could you please let me know if VC enabled rooms which exists in TMS can be integrated with Evoko Room Manager.

If yes, how and what are the requirements ?

If I havent configured the TMSXE with TMS , will it work or not?

Any other views?

Thanks,

Saurabh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saurabh

I read through the admin guide of the Evoko Room Manager so basically that is the knowledge I have on the Evoko system. I have not tested it with TMS but it seems like it just connects to the exchange server in sort of the same way the TMSXE does. It monitors the booked rooms and show it on the display that is mounted in the room.

In my opinion on this I beleive this will not work with TMS by it self but it is a possibility that it will work if you setup TMSXE. Since when the room is booked by an outlook client the Evoko will see that this room is booked for that time and show it on the display of the room. At the same time the TMSXE will also see that this room is booked and create a conference for the video endpoint in that room as well. However since I have not tested it I don't know the limitations on this. I can see you can define how many chairs is available for that room in Evoko and if you assume that is the limitiation of participants for a meeting with this room included you might not be able to book as many participants for the video conference as you want.

So I think this requires some testing in order to be sure. I cannot find any documentation stating that this will work as expected.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saurabh

I read through the admin guide of the Evoko Room Manager so basically that is the knowledge I have on the Evoko system. I have not tested it with TMS but it seems like it just connects to the exchange server in sort of the same way the TMSXE does. It monitors the booked rooms and show it on the display that is mounted in the room.

In my opinion on this I beleive this will not work with TMS by it self but it is a possibility that it will work if you setup TMSXE. Since when the room is booked by an outlook client the Evoko will see that this room is booked for that time and show it on the display of the room. At the same time the TMSXE will also see that this room is booked and create a conference for the video endpoint in that room as well. However since I have not tested it I don't know the limitations on this. I can see you can define how many chairs is available for that room in Evoko and if you assume that is the limitiation of participants for a meeting with this room included you might not be able to book as many participants for the video conference as you want.

So I think this requires some testing in order to be sure. I cannot find any documentation stating that this will work as expected.

/Magnus

Thanks Magnus for the reply... I will test it after setting up TMSXE...

Regards,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: