Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Integration with TMSXE

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Folks,

I need to demonstrate the functionality of TMS integrated with TMSXE to a Customer. Could anyone tell me , how can I go about doing it?

I have already installed TMS 13.1.2 on my VMware Workstation 8.0.

I need to integrate TMS with TMSXE so that Customer can book Video Conf room using Outlook.

Thanks,

Saurabh

8 Replies 8

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saurabh

Here is the documentation on how to setup the TMSXE 3.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsxe/install_guide/Cisco_TMSXE_install_guide_3-0.pdf

Or did you have any other versions in mind?

3.0 differs from earlier versions so it would be nice to know what version you are planning to setup.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for replying. Basically , Customer wants to see the demo of TMS integration with TMSXE as in to see how can Video Conf room can be booked via Outlook.

Although they have ordered TMS , and TMXSE but the software options and other licenses hasnt been shared till now. Also , they havent prepared the standalone servers as of now.

They plan to see the demo on my laptop running Vmware. My laptop is 4 GB RAM, 300 GB, 32 Bit.

Can I Showcase them there requirement on my laptop?

I have already installed TMS on VMware.  Is this kind of Demo would be possible? How would I create Dummy endpoints/ Video Conf room ? Through Active Directory?

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Saurabh

I'm not sure if this is possible to be honest since I have not tested your scenario. The dummy systems as well since you can create "rooms" in TMS that will have an endpoint ID. However I'm not sure how this will work with bookings since I imagine the TMS checks how the rooms connect to eachother and since the rooms are just dummy rooms TMS cannot send dial commands to them and will think they are "not connectable" and the booking will fail. This happens to real endpoints as well if they cannot connect to eachother.

The specs are ok for a demo and you can install TMSXE 3.0 on the TMS server as well, but you need an exchange server and a couple of endpoints if the dummy rooms does not work (which I suspect they will not).

The area your in now is not tested (at least not by me) so it's hard to give you a specific answer, have you done any testing on this on your own?

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thanks again for replying. I know its a tough job working on TAC cases and replying on support forums as well.

If you remember, I also used to ping you on webex when I was in TAC.

Anyways, Well the Customer is not concerned about endpoints connect with each other or not but they are more interested to see how TMSXE would work with Outlook to book meetings.

What I was thinking, to Install TMS and TMSXE on one Server and install Exchange Server on one Server ( Create some Dummy Video Room AD Accounts ) and have them just book/reserve through Outlook and the organizer can get a booking  confirmation.

Although I havent tested it completely, Because I am not a windows Expert and I dont know how to install Exchange Server and Create AD Accounts

Do you think this is possible?

Regards,

Saurabh Gupta

Hi Magnus,

FYI.. TMSXE didnt got installed on my machine because my machine is 32 Bit Platform. I think TMSXE need 64 Bit Platform.

Regards,

Saurabh

Saurabh,

TMSXE can't be installed on 32bit it has to install on 64bit platform

This part is missed out from the document of TMSXE.

Thanks

Alok

Sumeet Rakesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saurabh,

Install TMS on seperate server and Exchange together with TMSXE on different server. As you just need to demonstrate the integration stuff use TMSXE 2.3 instead of 3.0

Hi Sumeet,

Thanks for the reply.

So you mean to say that in order for demonstation to work, I need to install TMS on one server and Exchange on another Server . If yes, what version of exchange I need to install?

I have installed TMS 13.1.2 on Win Server 2008.

Exchange should be installed on which server? and Cant i install TMSXE and TMS on same server??

I would also have to create Dummy AD account of VC Rooms ??

Look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Saurabh