cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS migration(upgrading and changing server)

Hi all,

We plan to migrate TMS 12.6.2 on Server 2003 R2 SP2 with SQL 2005 Express to TMS 13.2.2 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit with SQL 2008 Express.

Server name(host name) and IP adrress are not same as old server's.

Are these procedures in Bold are correct?

1.Install TMS13.2.2 on the new server and uninstall it.(To make SQL instance on the new server)

2.Backup "tmsng" on the old server after stopping all TMS services.

3.Back up customized files such as "C:\Program Files\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwTMS\Data\CiscoSettings".

4.Back up "*.jdb" files. (For now we use legacy TMS Agent. )

5.Put backup files to the new server.

6.Type SQL command on the new server to restore SQL Database.

Should we use SQL commnad for SQL 2008?

7.Reinstall TMS13.2.2 on the new server selecting a custom install and specifying the existing database(tmsng).

8.Stop TMS Agent service on the new server and put "*.jdb" files to  %OPENDS_HOME%\db\userRoot.

9.Start TMS Agent service on the new server.

10.Run TMS Tools Utility on the new server.

・ TMS Tools > Utilities > Change Users Domain 

・ Old Domain Name: <old TMS server host name> 

If old server's name is "OLDTMS" and it doesn't use AD or Windows domain, should this be <OLDTMS/workgroup>?

・ New Domain: <new TMS server host name>

If new server's name is "NEWTMS" and it doesn't use AD or Windows domain, should this be <NEWTMS/workgroup>?

11. Post installation(TMS Agent Settings and so on...)

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

19 Replies 19

Thank you for the information.  I am never presented any login option when using IE or Firefox.  As soon as I navigate to the IPADDRESS/TMS I recieve "Access to TMS denied".  Could you provide instruction on modifying the user in the database?

Sounds like credentials are being automatically passed to IIS.  How are you accessing the TMS web interface?  The TMS IIS virtual directory should prompt you for authentication credentials unless it's being passed auto-login creds from a domain account or similar which can happen if you're logging in via RDP or similar to the TMS server.

Correct, and I am logging in through RDP.  Is there a way around this?

Is there a non-domain machine you can try hitting the TMS URL from.  This is probably the quickest route.  You may possibly get it to prompt if you log into the TMS server as the local admin account as well but logging into your workstation/pc/laptop with a local account and hitting TMS should prompt.

I successfully upgrade + migrate to new server version TMS 14.2.2 to TMS 14.6, see

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/108271/migrating-telepresence-management-suite-tms-new-serverpdf   post from 4.8.2015