cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS not reporting Utilization stats correctly for Codian 4505 MCU?

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco TAC,

I have a customer that is trying to pull a MCU Utilization report through TMS and its graph comes up blank?  He is running TMS 13.2 and his Codian 4505 is on 4.3(2.18) software rev.  Is the option possible?  BTW- the Duration and Number of Occurrences options display the data correctly.

I tried to pull the same report using TMS 14.4.2 and my 4505 on 4.4(3.57) and I see the same response on my gear. 

Are we missing a setting that would allow for this information to report properly?  My customer is trying to report back to management so they can decide if an additional MCU should be purchased.  Thanks for your time and help.

5 Replies 5

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

It may be because the number is too low to show.

I believe Utilization is calculated using basically (Sum of (% of ports used) x (%time they're used for, based on 24/7 availability)).

Best scenario, your MCU is used 100% of the time during business hours for all ports, give you 40 hours per week of possible 168 in a week, only gives 23.8% utilization.  More normal is maybe average of 30% of ports used 30% of the day, giving only 2.1%.  The graph line quickly becomes indistinguishable from the graph axis.  I'm not sure at what point TMS doesn't bother to draw it.  It expands the axis to draw 1%, at least.

It works for me, and I have access to a 14.4.2 installation and a 14.6.2.

Perhaps give it a more rigorous testing.  Set up a bogus conference over the weekend non-stop with as many ports as you can, and see if it shows up.  If still nothing, the more investigation is warranted.

I am also having the same issue with utilisation report. Just wondering if you managed to sort it out in the end? Thanks!

I think the report is misleading. What most enterprises want to know is how many ports are used during the day, week, year on an MCU.  If you search for or have a syslog collector, you can grep for something like "participants connected". That should give you an idea of the number of ports consumed on your MCU.

THanks. - Frank

Even the weeks are not correctly managed, our office was closed week 53 2015 (last dececember week) and TMS shows week1 of january with no activity.

Best regards,

Philippe

Hi,

I also have a question regarding this bridge utilization graph, the peak value doesn't seems to be correct.

We are running TMS V14.6 with Codian MSE8510.

The 28/10, we get a peak of 100 connexions,this means 100 simutlaneus connections at a certain time in the day.

See Bridge Utilization file.

When looking in the MCU CDR reporting for the same day, TMS shows only 78 connections for the day.

See mcu_cdr file

When looking to the details of the day, the peak value is 38, it's a big difference!

See mcu_cdr_detail files

Is there an explanation?

Best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: