Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS not sending Conference ending notification to TP rooms

Hello all,

I'm facing some issues with scheduling Telepresence meetings from TMS.

When I'm booking a meeting from TMS the endpoints don't receive the "Conference ending notification" before finish the conference.

When I do the same from TP Server, scheduling the conference with the same endpoints with same peiod of time, the

Conference ending notification was sent.

Anyone faced this issue before? Thanks in advance.

17 Replies 17

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which software versions are you using (TMS, TP server, TP endpoints)?

In the Conference Event Log in the Conference Control Center in TMS, do you see messages such as:

3/20/12 10:23:59 AM    CallInfo        participant02    Sent message to participant02: (...)

3/20/12 10:23:59 AM    CallInfo        participant01    Sent message to participant01: (...)

3/20/12 10:23:59 AM    CallInfo        Display 1 minute message left of conference

3/20/12 10:20:00 AM    CallInfo        participant02    Sent message to participant02: (...)

3/20/12 10:20:00 AM    CallInfo        participant01    Sent message to participant01: (...)

3/20/12 10:20:00 AM    ConferenceActive                Conference ends in five minutes

3/20/12 10:20:00 AM    CallInfo                Display 5 minute message left of conference

Hi Kjetil

Versions:

TMS: 13.1.1

TP Server: 2.2(1.48)

TP endpoints: CTS 1.8.0(55)

Only this appears:

20-03-2012 12:28:15     CallInfo      Porto Alegre  Meeting released on port 1

20-03-2012 12:23:00     ConferenceActive                                        Conference ends in five minutes

20-03-2012 12:18:53     CallConnected                    Porto Alegre  Call Connected: 5511....

20-03-2012 12:18:21     ConferenceInfo                    Porto Alegre  Ad hoc call added: 5511.....

20-03-2012 12:18:13      CallInfo                    Porto Alegre  SIP Dial =......

20-03-2012 12:18:00      CallInfo                    Porto Alegre  Meeting allocated on port: 1

20-03-2012 12:18:00      CallInfo                    São Paulo Meeting allocated on port: 1

20-03-2012 12:18:00               ConferenceActive                                        Conference Started

20-03-2012 12:14:15               ConferenceInfo          Administrator adm                    Conference Created

The sent message log isn't showing or sent to endpoints.

Is that configurable?

Thx

Hi,

I haven't tested it myself, but I don't think that you can expect these notifications to work on CTS endpoints. CTS support is somewhat limited in TMS - you can schedule CTS systems and monitor their call / connection status, but TMS won't control the conferences as we are used to from the old TANDBERG endpoints.

Regards,

Kjetil

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Just a follow up here. Notifications sent to endpoints are not consistent.

In our environment (TMS 14.4, endpoints = C40, C60, Old MX (not gen 1or not gen2), jabber 4.8) the master participant recieves either one or multiple notfications before the end of a meeting that cannot extend past its schedule time.  The other participants may receive one message on the monitor IF the control panel is non-Cisco (aka Crestron).  If the control panel is a Cisco model, the message will be sent to the control panel (display) and not the monitor. This is important because the participants in the room will never see the message because they are not looking at the call.

IMHO, participants need to have the message in their face otherwise in their minds the call ends abruptly.

I scheduled a call between a CTS 1000 (1.8.0(55)) and a CUCM registered C90 (TC5.1) in my lab 13.2 TMS. The 5 minute warning was sent to the C90, but not to the CTS1000.

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have searched some more in our internal specifications for CTS support in TMS, but I can't find conference ending notifications mentioned as a supported feature for such endpoints.

If this functionality is important to your customer, you should raise a feature request through the normal channels.

Regards,

Kjetil

Thank you so much Kjetil!!

This functionality is very important to customer because they use it onthe legacy video system.

Well I'm going to pass this info to customer and open a request to add this feature.

By the way, do you know how I can proceed with this? Wich channel I've to contact?

Thanks once again.

Best regards,

Leonardo

I suggest you work with the customer's Cisco Account Manager and Systems Engineer. They can submit an enhancement request. Whether this goes anywhere or not depends on the BU and how strong of a business case the AM can demonstrate (e.g. customer won't buy any more gear).

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the support.

Regards.

Dudes, Do you have any guide on how to add CTS into TMS for scheduling?

Also have you see before issues with TMS Scheduler about not sending the meeting password?

Thanks

Quoting the TMS online help on how to add CTS systems to TMS:

Adding Cisco Unified CM and registered endpoints to Cisco TMS

Preparing the Cisco Unified CM

Activate these services on the Cisco Unified CM node(s) you want to add to Cisco TMS before you start:

• Cisco AXL Web Service on the Cisco Unified CM node.
  • Cisco RIS Data Collector on the Cisco Unified CM Publisher node.
  • Cisco CTIManager must be active on at least one of the nodes inside the Cisco Unified CM Cluster.

See the Cisco Unified CM Configuration Guide for details on service activation.

Follow this procedure in Cisco Unified CM:

1. Create an application user for Cisco TMS following the steps described in Cisco Unified Communication Manager Configuration Guide for the Cisco TelePresence System. Make sure to: 
    • Save the credentials for the Cisco TMS initialization procedure that follows.
    • Assign all the rooms that you plan to use to the application user you create.
    • Assign  all TelePresence units/IP phone devices to this user profile. MAC  Address of each unit and shared phone should be added to the user  profile.  Adding an IP phone associated with the CTS to the application  user is not necessary.
    • Add the "Standard CTI Secure Connection" group to the application user to secure Cisco TMS. (This step is optional.)
  2. Create a user group in the Cisco Unified CM for Cisco TMS.
  3. Assign the following roles to this user group:
    • Standard AXL API Access
    • Standard CTI Enabled
    • Standard SERVICEABILITY
    • Standard CCM Admin Users
    • Standard RealtimeAndTraceCollection
  4. Add the above application user to the newly created user group.

Preparations for adding CTS endpoints

CTS endpoints must already have been added to the Cisco Unified CM and configured with the same Directory Number as their associated phones as detailed in the Cisco Unified Communication Manager Configuration Guide for the Cisco TelePresence System document.

1. For each CTS endpoint, follow these steps:            
    1. Go to Device > Phone and click the device name corresponding to the TelePresence endpoint device.
    2. Assign the same DN as the IP phone that is associated with this telepresence endpoint device.
    3. At the bottom of the Device Information section, select Allow Control of Device from CTI.
    4. In the Directory Number Information section of Directory Number Configuration, select Allow Control of Device from CTI.
    5. Set the field SSH AdminLife to 0 to prevent the CTS command-line interface password from expiring. Cisco TMS uses this password to set up calls.
  2. For each IP phone device that is associated to a TelePresence device, select Allow Control of Device from CTI at the bottom of the Device Information section.

(...)

Adding the systems

1. In Cisco TMS, go to Systems > Navigator.
  2. Select the folder where you want to add your Cisco Unified CM.
  3. Click Add Systems.
  4. Enter the IP address or DNS name of the Cisco  Unified CM to add (if you want to add more than one Cisco Unified CM,  add the IP range).
  5. In the Advanced Settings pane:
    1. Enter the Username of the application user you created in the Cisco Unified CM.
    2. Enter the Password of the application user as above.
    3. Check the Discover Non-SNMP Systems checkbox.
  6. Click Next to add the Cisco Unified CM(s). The confirmation page displays which endpoints are registered to each Cisco Unified CM.
  7. Select the folder where you want to add your endpoints.
  8. Click Add Systems.
  9. Select the From List tab.
  10. Click CUCM.
  11. Select the endpoints you want to add.
  12. Click Next to add the endpoints.

About the Scheduler and passwords: It works as expected in my 13.1.2 TMS. When booking using the scheduler, I get this confirmation email:

You have successfully saved the following conference:

Conference title:       

Booking from Scheduler  

Conference id:   

Date:   

3/31/2012 - 3/31/2012  

Time:   

8:00 AM - 9:00 AM, (GMT +     02:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Oslo, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna  

Conference password:       

Conference type:       

Reservation  

Conference owner:       

Ree, Kjetil     (DOMAIN\kjetil.ree)  

Video conference master:       

System1 

Which TMS version are you using?

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi folks,

I am taking the place of my friend Leonardo and assuming this case. We have already opened a feature request, and we have scalated the case to our Account Managers, but it seems Cisco has not included it in roadmap so far.

Our customer remains very insatisfied with this issue.

Could someone from Cisco check if Cisco has plans to add this feature?

I would really appreciate any information.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hey Paulo,

This is planned to be implemented in TMS 14.3. Nothing official until the version is released. The version of CTS will be a factor as well.

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: