cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Phone book Access Control Error

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm trying to grant Jabber Video users access to a phone book, and I'm getting the following error.

Unable to communicate with the  Provisioning Extension. See log (log-web.txt) for details. 

log-web.txt

23:15:29,641 [9] WARN  ASP.tandberg_tms_ui_phonebook_phonebooksetonuser_ascx - POST http://localhost:8788/pb/phonebooks/id/7a187c51-5da2-40a7-a214-27c4ae871ea1/acls failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

I've confirmed and even updated the user being used in the TMSPE settings, while the health check comes out all green.

Any ideas before I open a TAC case, thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick.

This is a bug :) it happens when you modify the access control. For example you grant access to a group, then disable it, then re enable it.

The only workaround is to recreate the phonebook. Delete it and recreate it. It will be fixed in the next release i beleive.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick.

This is a bug :) it happens when you modify the access control. For example you grant access to a group, then disable it, then re enable it.

The only workaround is to recreate the phonebook. Delete it and recreate it. It will be fixed in the next release i beleive.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Dear Magnus,

I am facing the exact issue. But i tried deleting the phone book source and phone book and recreated and gave the perimission. But no luck. is this bug fixed in 14.1.1 TMS.

Krishna.

Hi Krishna

You might be facing a different problem. Where you able to install TMSPE? I am referring to the other Forum thread you had going on. What was the issue? Could you share it with us in the other thread?

So I assume you installed TMSPE and when the phonebook synch is starting you are getting 500 internal server error in the phonebook source activity status, but everything else works right?

What about the TMSPE diagnostics in TMS, is the button for phonebooks red?

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Our DB admin created a new user in sql with the same privilieges as sa user name. We used the newly created user id to install TMSPE. It worked without any problem. then i migrated from agent to tmspe. That also worked fine.

Surely i will post the solution in the other thread.

Regarding phone book source we are exactly facing the 500 error in the phone book source activity page. This error is not coming for provisioning phone book. This error is only for TMS Endpoints phone book.

Also we are getting the red cirle in the tmspe diagnostics. I deleted the phone book and phone book source and recreated the same. But no luck. Still not able to get the endpoints phone book entries in the jabber. Jabber is able to sarch provisioning phone book.

Krishna.

Look at this thread.

Does it help?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2190800?tstart=30

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

I did all the settings. No luck. Is this bug fixed in 14.1.1

Krishna.

No,

I beleive you might be hitting something else. I would advise you to raise a TAC case on this.

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: