Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS - Phone Book Sources

justinbois
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How can I create phone books based on provisioned endpoints that correlate to the Provisioning Directory subgroups?  For example, I have sub-group OfficeA, I'd like to have a phone book source called OfficeA-Provisioned, and be able to have a phone book listed as "OfficeA" that then includes just those  provisioned endpoints in the OfficeA sub-group.

I have TMS 13.1.2 and am able to successfully provision users from LDAP so that I don't need to manually create them.  I can also create sub-groups by way of utilizing search filters (for example sorting by OU: ou=OfficeA or ou=OfficeB might result in sub-groups OfficeA and OfficeB).

I realize that I can try and create a phone book based on LDAP, the challenge there being that it overpopulates the directory with meaningless entries.

Thoughts?

Justin

2 Replies 2

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You can most probably do that with TMS 13.2 with TMSPE, as it allows you to create phonebook sources based on groups. Take a look at the documentation for 13.2 and TMSPE.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Jens is correct...this is doable in TMSPE but not in Legacy TMS Agent Which means since your running TMS 13.1.2, I assume your running Legacy TMS Agent. Therefore, you'll need to upgrade to TMS 13.2 or later so has to migrate to TMSPE. And I stronly encourage you do that