cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS phone book update event failure email

ken.tucker
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there's a way to stop TMS from sending emails when phone book updates fail? With 60+ endpoints, at least one isn't online and fails, causing TMS to email me an alert just about every day. That and every email has the last 60 days of logs in it, ugh.

The email subject is always:

Event Failed: Phone Book  updated on all systems

The latest log entry is always similar to this:

4/11/2013 5:00 PM - Event executed by TMSSERVER

4/11/2013 5:01 PM - Could not update system with IPAddress: 10.x.x.x.x and name: Joe Blow. No contact with system.

4/11/2013 5:04 PM - Some, but no all systems updated

4/11/2013 5:04 PM - The event failed to complete. Details: Some, but no all systems updated

Does anyone else see this? I can't find a way to turn off the alert (which I've been getting daily for years, lol).

Thanks!

Ken

2 Replies 2

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If you configured your email address on TMS, then TMS doesn't discriminate and inform you on all events

Easier approach would be to setup a filter for that email heading on your outlook to slip that email in your rubbish folder.

that's what I am doing for some events.

Regards, Ahmad

That's what I thought, was just hoping someone figured a way to do this...   I'll set up a rule. Funny thing is I've been putting up with this email forever. It's a reminder that TMS is working at least. haha.