Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS phonebook

serglavrov
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo all,

i have VCS infrastructure with VCSc, MCU, TMS and about 30 Cisco E20 phones. Phonebook is integrated with Microsoft AD. I see contacts in the phonebook in TMS, connection to the AD is fine, E20 configured fine(i think:)). But, the E20 phonebook is empty...

Can anyone tell me whrere i can troubleshoot it?

7 Replies 7

serglavrov
Level 1
Level 1

sorry, i forgot, if i add the another source to my phonebook in tms - contacts wiil apear in the E20...

Hi,

I am assuming that you have already pushed both the phonebooks to the E20 phone, correct?

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

If the above is correct, try to reboot the E20 and then check again. I had the same issue on my E20, rebooting showed the contacts.

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

I reboot it many times. It does not help:) I tryed different scenarios, one phonebook with two sources(AD and Discovered systems), two phonebooks - one with AD source and one with the discovered systems, etc. AD phonebook is empty. But in the TMS it has records...

Can i see any logs or debug somewhere? It must download to E20... 

You can enable debugging in the API using the following commands :

log ctx phonebook debug 9

OK

log ctx TMS debug 9

OK

log output on

OK

The output would be visible on the terminal session.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Sorry, forgot to mention...You can also login to the GUI and get the logs from there. login to the GUI using the IP address of the E20...

Go to Logs --> application.log

There are many logs but the TMS information and messages would be found in application.log.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you see contacts the phonebook setting is correct. Try to set the phonebook routed mode to No in admin tools -> config -> general settings in tms. Then check if the contacts appear.

/manus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App