Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS phonebook

nicolas.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco User Community,

I am working with TMS 13.x and need to import a .csv file to add to my phonebook. When I search for the file it does not show up.

Is there certain parameters the data needs to be in to allow TMS to accept the file?

The file contains a list of contact data for Vidyo users.

Any help would be appreciated and I'd also be happy to provide more information.

Thanks,

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Network management may not be the right community in CSC to answer Telepresence related queries. You may repost or transfer this question to TMS community here :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5886/telepresence

I would get the right attention from the community members and experts.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Network management may not be the right community in CSC to answer Telepresence related queries. You may repost or transfer this question to TMS community here :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5886/telepresence

I would get the right attention from the community members and experts.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Vinod -

I assume you're using for your TMS phone book source "File Based Phone Book", I've had an issue similar to this in the past where I created a .csv file and it wasn't able to be loaded.  I just created a new Excel document with a single sheet, and saved it as a "CSV (Comma delimtted)" file, and was able to upload it to TMS.  Are you doing the same thing, or something similar?

Hi Patrick,

Yes, I'm doing the same thing using a "File Based Phone Book". Do I need to format the fields in any particular format for TMS to accept it? 

Try saving the CSV Excel sheet as a tabbed delimitted text file, that worked for me just now.  It seems TMS doesn't like comma delimitted.

You might try 'exporting' one of your existing phone books and seeing what format that is stored in.  Importing would be the same format.  Also, the location of your 'file based phone book' has to match where you upload the file to import.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: