Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS PhoneBooks from CUCM

Wondering if anyone can connent on the possibility of a new feature of TMS to be able to get phonebook informaiton from queries to CUCM at some time in the future instead of AD/LDAP or other capabilities.

We are integrated to CUCM and it's phone directory is more reliable than AD.

5 Replies 5

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

Can you clarify your question a bit? For example, are you asking if TMS will have the ability to create a TMS phone book source in TMS that you can associate to a TMS phone book?

cheers,

Dale

Dale,

What I mean is that looking at a 13.2 TMS server, I can go to Phone Books --> Manage Phone Book Sources

If I create a New source, I have a bunch of different options from TMS ENdpoints, to manaual file to Active Directory.

Now if you have Call Manager which would have the definative list of phone numbers and you have rules for dialing from CUCM thru SIP Trunk to the VCS to endpoints.

It would be nice to be able to have TMS be able to query Call Manager for the information much like Presence does today.

Thanks for that clarification and that's what I thought you meant

This will be coming in TMS 14.1...due to be publically released mid-December...meaning you will be able to create PB Source from the CUCM, i.e. will show up in the drop down menu you mention above

cheers,

Dale

GREAT!

Any Beta opportunity for us?  Would like to test it and show to customers what is comming.

I believe you need to be in the Cisco EFT (Early Field Trial) program to receive early looks or testing for pre-released software. Recommend you contact your Cisco point of contact for details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: