Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Provisioning Import scheduler?

gthaliwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I cant seem to find a way of synchronising provisioned AD accounts in TMS 14.1.  I have seen https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2143824 where a workaround has been suggested involving a scheduled SQL script in TMS 13.1.  Can anybody advise me if an integrated TMS schduler is planned or coming in any new releases, it seems like quite an important feature which many customers will want.              

Thanks in advance

Gurp         

8 Replies 8

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gurp,

Not sure I get the title, i.e. TMS Provisioning Import scheduler ??

In any case, are you talking TMS or TMSPE when it come to AD. For example, the other thread your referencing concerns 'fixing' the import job that takes place when importing users from AD to TMSPE, aka the Provisioning Directory.

And again, not sure what you mean by a 'integrated TMS Scheduler'...meaning in TMS 14.1.1, this included the "TMS Scheduler" which has been in TMS for years. In TMS 14.2...along with TMSPE v1.1...we now introduce the new "Smart Scheduler" which replaces the former "TMS Scheduler". See the Cisco TMS 14.2 and TMSPE v1.1 release notes concerning the new Smart Scheduler:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/release_note/Cisco_TMS_Release_Note_14-2.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmspe/release_note/Cisco_TMSPE_release_notes_1-1.pdf

rgds,

Dale

gthaliwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dale,

Sorry - yes that is a very confusing title. I think i may have had one coffee too many when I wrote that!

I meant TMSPE rather than the scheduler.

What we'd like is a way for TMSPE to regularly sync the accounts in the database with those in the ldap directory. At the moment it seems like the only way to sync TMSPE database to ldap is a manual import. I think I may have to put this through as a feature request .

Thanks for responding anyway :)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

If I'm understanding what you'd like to do, you want to automacially import AD users into TMS for provisioning for TMSPE?

If that is correct, than do the following:

1. Go to System > Provisioning > Users
  2. Select or create a group for the users to be imported into to the left
  3. Click Configure under User Import to the right after you select the group you want
  4. Configure the import settings and Save

gthaliwal
Level 1
Level 1

That's correct Patrick. However my question is more around wanting to keep the tmspe db in sync with the ldap directory automatically once the accounts have been imported. Something like a scheduled sync every 24 hours.

This is possible with the TMS user database so why not with the TMSPE? I think it's feature request time ...

I know with the old provisioning method you could perform syncs. I haven't done any using TMSPE, but can look later.

I might be misunderstanding this, but looking in Systems-->Provisioning-->Users I see all users are updated from AD every 24 hours at 4am local time.

The wording is probably not the best as it's labelled "User Import" wheras it not only imports new users, but also updates existing if needed; Created, Updated, Moved and Deleted.

This process can't be scheduled though - which might be what you would like to do?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Sumeet Rakesh
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Can you verify under the activity status if there is a activity named as "Scheduled User Import on TMS agent" or something similar run as System User at 04:00 AM everyday ?

If the activity is present and running successfully then you need to worry as it will synch all the users at the backend.

If the activity is not there, I have found this in many cases of TMSPE then we need to insert this event manually in the tmsng database through a SQL query.

Please check and let me know.

Regards

Sumeet Rakesh

Hi Sumeet,

Aha, yes I can certainly see this on another TMS server running TMSPE,  I'll get our client who has raised the question to check and report if they too have this activity.  Thanks.

Gurp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: