cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Provisioning - Phone Numbers

robb.ritchey
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using TMS with VCS to provision Jabber Video clients.  When they register to the VCS, they register as username@domain.com.  Is there a way to also register an office phone number?  For example, 123@domain.com.  I'd like for the Jabber Video users to be dialable from my CUCM endpoints as well.

Thanks!

Robb Ritchey

1 Reply 1

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Robb,

Yes, you can do that!

You have to configure the address pattern on TMS provisioning directory settings. You will find a field called "Device Address apattern", your current configuration is probably somethink like this:

{username}@domain.com

You can try something like this:

{office_phone}@domain.com

If you do that, the users settings must to have the field "Office Phone" configured with the proper number, so your registration URI will be 123@domain.com.

If you are using LDAP do import users, then you have configure the "Office Phone" field on LDAP directory. If not using LDAP, just configue this field in users settings into TMS provisioning directory.

You can also use another fields to create your address pattern, you can use as well:

{username}

{display_name}

{first_name}

{last_name}

{email}

{office_phone}

{mobile_phone}

{device.model}

{device.connectivity}

With regards dialling to jabber from CUCM devices, you must to integrate VCS with CUCM following Cisco documentation, as wel as you have to configure the route patterns and search rules properly in order to have it working. This doc can help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_8_9_and_X7-2.pdf

I don't know which models of devices you have registered to CUCM, but it would be a good idea to check if they are compatible with Jabber for Telepresence (I guest most of Cisco phones are compatible).

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".