Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS "No HTTPS Response" to SX10

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I have a SX10 running the latest CE firmware, registered to CUCM 11.0

I also have a TMS system (15.1.0) talking to CUCM fine.

When I try to add/manage this SX10 in TMS, TMS says "No HTTPS Response". I can talk to the SX10 via HTTPS from the TMS server fine. If I Wireshark TMS talking to the SX10, I can see TMS making a connection to port 443 on the SX10, but shutting down the TCP connection after the SX10 sends a SSL "Client hello" packet.

I'm wondering if this is a certificate/CA trust issue? Or is it something simpler than that?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
2 Replies 2

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Gordon,

Have a look at the CE8.1.1 and TC7.3.6 release notes, as you can be affected by TLS incompatibility. 

quote: 

"Cisco TelePresence Endpoints running CE8.1.0 only support TLS version 1.1 and 1.2 due to security concerns with TLS version 1.0. Please note that this may affect communication with servers that only support TLS version 1.0. If TMS is running on a Windows server that only has TLS version 1.0 enabled by default (i.e. Windows Server 2008 R2) it may cause connection problems when the endpoint is upgraded to CE8.1.0. Make sure TLS 1.2 or 1.1 is enabled on the server before upgrading to CE8.1.0. Older browsers may not be able to reach the endpoint’s web interface on HTTPS if the browser only supports TLS 1.0. "

//Marius

I found out that TMS was confused about what security level it was running at. I had to change, reboot, and change back, the security level for TMS to work correctly.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: