Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS reports

anjali.garg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am working on two seperate TMS queries for diff clients and looking for some inputs :

- For a client, TMS reports are not showing any details for remote site when Telepresence server is involved ?

- For another client, TMS is not shoing any CDR's for an E20 device (which is for a home based user using DHCP ) , but seems there is no firewall restrictions.

I would like to know if I delete/Purge that end-point, would I be able to re-add it in TMS via MAC address as I don't see any option to input MAC address while adding a device on TMS initially, all I know is we can switch to track by MAC address later on but initial discovery is done on IP address only ?

Any inputs ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Anjali ,

Please find answers inline :-

For a client, TMS reports are not showing any details for remote site when Telepresence server is involved ?

Ans : This is by Default behaviour of TMS, it will not show Destination Site details of the Endpoint, rather it would show the TPS Details or Conf Alias.

- For another client, TMS is not shoing any CDR's for an E20 device (which is for a home based user using DHCP ) , but seems there is no firewall restrictions.

Ans : Is the E20 registered to the TMS, because as far as I know, there is all together different process of registering Endpoints outside firewall. If you have done it, still it is not showing, then we would have to further dig down.

I would like to know if I delete/Purge that end-point, would I be able to re-add it in TMS via MAC address as I don't see any option to input MAC address while adding a device on TMS initially, all I know is we can switch to track by MAC address later on but initial discovery is done on IP address only ?

Yes, Initially You would have to discover the Endpoint by IP address or FQDN only, and Later you can track it by MAC. You Can't register it initially by MAC. This is by default by design.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Thanks for the reply.

- For Question 1 , do you mean the default behaviour of TMS when Telepresence server is involved or the generic behaviour ? Also, in this case, it's not even showing TPS detail or conf alias, it's showing blank entry for remote site when TP server is involved.

- For Question 2, when you say different process of registering end-points outside firewall, could you please share that to me 'cos there are 50 end-points which are behind firewall, TMS is showing call logs for all other end-points but not just this one, and as per client, no special firewall rules are made on firewall/ router on the one , he is using at home. So I will review the process you mentioned with client to make sure that it has been followed.

Can someone look into below queries and answer :

- In TMS report, for few conferences , Telepresence server shows remote site detail ( ISDN and external participant) but for few, it doesn't .

- It shows remote site detail ( when participant involved is internal CTS room ) , and call is launched via TP server to that participant but no conference id in the reports.

So, at one point , it explains a particular behaviour when TP server is involved but at another point/entry , it's contradicting the same. I am really tyring to understand what should be the ideal behaviour of reports when TP server is involved .

Thanks.

Hi,

We acknowledge that there is room for improvement when it comes to the data quality of TelePresence Server CDRs in Cisco TMS.

If this feature is important to you or your customer, please work though your Cisco point of contact to get reporting improvements on the agenda.

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Anjali,

Yes, I agree with Kjetil. There is still some room for improvement.

Also, Could you please mark my answer accordingly.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: