Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS - Reusable alias of Conductor

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Folks,

I have an environment with TMS 14.3 + Conductor XC 2.2. I have configured Conductor's aliases in TMS to be a range, something like 99XXXX.

Well, According to the documentation and the tests I have done, TMS always reuses the aliases in this range, for example, If I schedule a conference to happen today, TMS will get the number 990000, if I schedule another conference to happen tomorrow, TMS will reuse the number 990000, since it became available.

Is there a way to change that behavior? I need TMS to use the full range before come back to the beginning. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".        

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Wamsley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paulo,

There is currently no way to modify this behavior. As conferences finish TMS will release their IDs to become available for new conferences.

Adam

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Adam Wamsley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paulo,

There is currently no way to modify this behavior. As conferences finish TMS will release their IDs to become available for new conferences.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks very much for your assistance. I will notify our customer.

Do you know whether Cisco has plans to add support for this configuration in the future?

Thanks

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hello Paulo!

We had remarked that during tandberg times, not conductor specific but regards any kind of booked conferences.

It should be possible to:

* randomize aliases

* reserve aliases for a specific user / customer

* have more control over the range of aliases to fit it better in an existing dialplan (or for example use isdn integration)

If you file a feature request I would go +1 on that.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Paulo,

There are no immediate plans to add the feature you are requesting.

I created a feature request for you (CSCul13300), but you should also call your Cisco point of contact and ask him to follow up with the TMS Product Manager to try to get this on the agenda for a future release.

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: