Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS same Recurrence Settings

Dear Support Community,

there is the problem, that a scheduled meeting was created on May 16th with a recurrence last Thursday in a month every two months until November 29th, but that the meeting didn’t start.

In TMS the Meeting was now created on April 16th with the same recurrence-Seetings but now for July, August and October.

They had an upgrade from TMS 13.0.2 to 13.2.1 on August 25th.

Are there any known Bugs that could explain this behavior.

kind regards

christian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to put this to an end:

The root cause of this was a bug in TMS 13.0.2 and had nothing to do with the upgrade it self. The bug is not reproducable in TMS 13.2.1 so it is fixed.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Christian

I have been reading your description many times now and I am not fully understanding the issue that you are facing.

Are you saying that a scheduled meeting was created on May 16th with a recurrence, but after the upgrade the data changed to April 16th? According to the screenshots it looks like the meeting had started, at least from the TMS perspective (of that particular conference) but this was not the case?

What issues do you suspect are relating to the upgrade of the TMS? That the conference did not start or that the conference created changed the date for some reason. Please let me know if I am on the wrong track here but it seems like there is quite a few details that is missing here that we need to know in order to fully understand the issue and then break it down to the possible causes and isolate it.

It might be better to open a TAC case on this as I can predict some log reading and a webex on this to get a verbal breakdown of the issue unless you can explain it in a simpler way so we can identify a known issue or let you know what might have caused this.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Q1: Are you saying that a scheduled meeting was created on May 16th with a recurrence, but after the upgrade the data changed to April 16th?

A1: The conference was created on April 16th with a recurrence starting  from May 24th for every two months and last Thursday in that month until  November 29th.

Q2:  According to the screenshots it looks like the meeting had started, at least from the TMS perspective (of that particular conference) but this was not the case?

A2: The first meeting started on May 24th (confirmed by customer),  The second in July was canceled. The third in September was changed by  TMS without interaction. And so the whole conference including the 4th  meeting November.

For the first meeting no information are found in TMS anymore because TMS has changed the date to June 28th.

Q4: What issues do you suspect are relating to the upgrade of the TMS?  That the conference did not start or that the conference created changed the date for some reason?

A4: That the conference date was changed.

Hi Christian

Are we 100% sure the dates have changed in the database since the upgrade? Do you have a copy of the 3.0.2 database that you can load on a test TMS server to verify this data?

But you mentioned 16th of May in your top post, where does this date fit in?

So if I understand this correctly the issue is that in 13.0.2 a recurrent meeting was created starting on 24th of May the next one would be July, September, November. But now its changed to june, august and october?

I'm looking for some evidence here as the customer may know this is incorrect but we need some convincing evidence like the previous database that shows that this data is not consistent with the current data.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Please see summary below:

Q1: Are you 100% sure the dates have changed in the database since the upgrade?

A1: 90% sure.

Q2: Do you have a copy of the 3.0.2 database that you can load on a test TMS server to verify this data?

A2: They do have a copy but currently no Test Server where i can install TMS on. They will try to get one and do the test.

Q3: Where does the 16th of May fit in?

A3: 16th of May was misread from him. The creation date did never change.

Q4: The issue is that in 13.0.2 a recurrent meeting was created starting on 24th of May the next one would be July, September, November. But now its changed to june, august and october, correct?

A4: correct.

Q5: They are not able to setup the test-TMS with Domain-Membership and so not able to login and see the bookings after restore the database to the Test-TMS.

Is there any way to grant the local Admin of the Server the Site-Admin rights afterwards?

Dear Community,

Is there any way to grant the local Admin of the Server the Site-Admin rights afterwards?

kind regards

christian

Just to put this to an end:

The root cause of this was a bug in TMS 13.0.2 and had nothing to do with the upgrade it self. The bug is not reproducable in TMS 13.2.1 so it is fixed.

/Magnus