Helpful
Replies

TMS Scheduled conference for CMS

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me to answer below questions:

- What could be the reason that when the conference is scheduled via TMS we can't send IM between the participants, basically it looks the "message board is disabled". However with the default space or when i create an custom space using CMA we are able to send IM to each other.

- In an TMS schedule conference, how does host/guest access will be defined?  Cause what i saw in Acano KB article its not straight forward.

Regards,

Alok

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I presume the second callProfile is associated to the TMS managed spaces?
According to the TMS 15.3 Release Notes, TMS creates it's own callProfile for spaces it manages.  You can try altering the TMS created callProfile to enable the message board, but I don't know if TMS will see that change and leave it, overwrite it, or create a new profile.

If altering the TMS managed profile doesn't work, you could contact TAC to see if it's a bug, if it's not than you'll need to submit a feature request.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Did you create a callProfile with messageBoardEnabled set to true, and assign this callProfile at the system level under /system/profiles?
Don't think there is a way to setup host and guest access for TMS managed spaces, as everyone has the same privileges. Recommend you contact your Cisco Account Team and have them submit a feature request to be able to configure host and guest access when scheduling conferences in TMS.

Hi Patrick,

I have done that, see below.

Call Profile

---------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<callProfile id="bc1aa0a4-1b38-497d-9a60-5848c9148ef1">

<participantLimit>1000</participantLimit>

<messageBoardEnabled>true</messageBoardEnabled>

</callProfile>                    

System Profiles

---------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<profiles>

<callLegProfile>f0708ece-9455-48c9-86b3-ea3868dc34a1</callLegProfile>

<callProfile>bc1aa0a4-1b38-497d-9a60-5848c9148ef1</callProfile>

</profiles>

However, when I do “GET” for call profiles, I see two profiles.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<callProfiles total="2">

<callProfile id="7c3ee6c3-9065-4400-97a1-ac0f96215b17"></callProfile>

<callProfile id="bc1aa0a4-1b38-497d-9a60-5848c9148ef1"></callProfile>

</callProfiles>

One has message board set to “TRUE” and another one as “FALSE”. I think that's expected because starting from 2.0 its disabled by default.

But under the system profiles I have mapped the one which has message board set as “TRUE”. Also as mentioned i have no issues with user's default space or any custom space created via CMA.

Its only an issue when you create conference via TMS.

Regards,

Alok

I presume the second callProfile is associated to the TMS managed spaces?
According to the TMS 15.3 Release Notes, TMS creates it's own callProfile for spaces it manages.  You can try altering the TMS created callProfile to enable the message board, but I don't know if TMS will see that change and leave it, overwrite it, or create a new profile.

If altering the TMS managed profile doesn't work, you could contact TAC to see if it's a bug, if it's not than you'll need to submit a feature request.

Have you experienced this before ? I was checking the TMS and CMS API guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/conferencing/meeting-server/212298-cisco-meeting-server-acano-tms-integ.html

Jul 26 14:08:23 user.info Core1 host:server:  INFO : API trace 8893: POST for "/api/v1/callProfiles" (from 14.80.99.226)
Jul 26 14:08:23 user.info Core1 host:server:  INFO : API trace 8893: content data size 47, type "application/x-www-form-urlencoded":
Jul 26 14:08:23 user.info Core1 host:server:  INFO : API trace 8893:  participantLimit=1000&
Jul 26 14:08:23 user.info Core1 host:server:  INFO : API trace 8893:  messageBoardEnabled=false
Jul 26 14:08:23 local0.info Core1 host:server:  INFO : 14.80.99.226: API user "admin" created new call profile 1285fa9c-f221-4af7-8462-51cf1d7542eb
Jul 26 14:08:23 user.info Core1 host:server:  INFO : API trace 8893: sending 200 response, size 0
Jul 26 14:08:23 user.info Core1 host:server:  INFO : API trace 8893: Location: /api/v1/callProfiles/1285fa9c-f221-4af7-8462-51cf1d7542eb

and if you look at the API messages in the document, the POST request contains "message board" as false.

Regards,

Alok

I had seen that document once before, but forgot about it, good find!
Per the document, since it's disabling the message board, than it is by design and feature request will need to be sent to your Cisco Account Team who will pass it up to the BU.

I just wanted to know if any one else has tried it? Because the POST request i believe in this case is from TMS and hence it is controlling that parameter.

Like to see if any one has experience this issue or not.

Regards,

Alok

I only see two call profiles one with option set as "true" and other one "false".

I tried to change the other profile as well to set it "true" but somehow it does not looks to be working. 

Regards,

Alok

Hi Patrick,

Just wanted to let you know this, since you pointed out in TMS release notes. 

I was actually able to modify the call profile, created via TMS. I think i was doing wrong at the first instance. But later on tried again and able to get the message board enabled on TMS scheduled conferences.

Regards,

Alok