cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS scheduling title variables?

ScottWermter
Level 1
Level 1

I use TMS to schedule recurring meetings that are also recorded.  As an example I have one titled "1st Hour Spanish".  The issue is in Show-n-Share I will have 100 recordings titled "1st Hour Spanish".  What I would like to do is have it automatically have the date in there so it would be "1st Hour Spanish 11-22-2013".  Is it possible to use variables in the title in TMS scheduling?  I have tried something like this but it didn't work. "1st Hour Spanish %DATE%

Ideas?                 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good point, yeah I can see the issue here.  Since it seems recurring appointments aren't dynamically created with those changes per recurrence.  Would be interested to hear what Cisco says.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Scott -

It is possible, look at Adminstrator Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings.  If you put %DATE% into the conference title yourself on the booking pate, that exact text will be used, and not the date. You have to specify the %DATE% variable in the default conference title field, and when you book a new conference, it will be converted to the date on the booking page.

Field Description
Default Conference TitleThe default title used for all booked/scheduled meetings. The title can also  be edited in the Booking/Scheduling wizard. By default this is set to Scheduled Meeting. If you want a time and date stamp  in the title – enter %DATE% %TIME% together with  the title.

I do have that set but this is a recurring meeting I am setting up so that wouldn't apply the new date for every meeting.  I am still testing and have also put in an SR to Cisco.

Good point, yeah I can see the issue here.  Since it seems recurring appointments aren't dynamically created with those changes per recurrence.  Would be interested to hear what Cisco says.

As soon as I responded I heard back from Cisco. 

"As far I as I know TMS does not implement this functionality. If you wish to have this feature added, I would recommend contacting your account team to submit a feature request."

Thanks for help Patrick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: