cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS showing errors running the SNMP service

Nick Boylan
Level 1
Level 1

We are receiving the following errors when running the SNMP service.

TMSSnmpService faults with error posted to the application event log: Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: TMSSNMPService.exe, version: 14.1.1.0, time stamp: 0x50e4166c
Faulting module name: mscorlib.ni.dll, version: 4.0.30319.296, time stamp: 0x50483a22
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000003c94ea
Faulting process id: 0xb00
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce237d35e764c8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\Services\TMSSNMPService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\mscorlib\4f52500ab48877b85e71430f4f46670f\mscorlib.ni.dll
Report Id: ae3693ad-8fab-11e2-9fbc-005056a90100

Java version 6 has been installed and tested on the server but same error occurs. Java version 7 was also intalled but same issue occured.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is a known issue that has been fixed in TMS 14.2. Bug id: CSCue00035

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is a known issue that has been fixed in TMS 14.2. Bug id: CSCue00035

Regards,

Kjetil

Excellent,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Hello, Kjetil!
I have the same issue.

Where I can get the 14.2 version?
It is only 14.1.1 in download center...

Thanks!

Hi

14.2 has not yet been released it should be a few more weeks I think.

/Magnus

Hello, Magnus!

Can we use TMS 14.1.1 now without runned TMSSNMPService till 14.2 comes? What problems it may brings to us?

Or we should rollback to 13.6?

Thanks!

Hi

If you are not running any old classic systems (which operates with SNMP traps) I would not worry about it. SNMP is used mostly for faster system discovery in the newer version. Traps are sent over HTTP(S) now. It won't affect the other TMS functionalies.

/Magnus

Ok, thank you, Magnus!

In an effort to get folks looking at our new Cisco TMS Admin Guide, what the TMSSnmpService does (as well as the other the TMS services), see page 18 of the new Cisco TMS Admin Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco_TMS_Admin_Guide_14-1.pdf

On behalf of hard working technical writers, I strongly encourage all to familiarize yourselves with our documentation. You may be surprised to what you find out

Hi Dale and Magnus,

I am not currently using Scan SNMP Capable Systems To Allow Quick Discovery of Inaccessibility: and have very less snmp only systems to manage.

Do you see any other impact of snmp service not running.

Rameez,

As discussed in my earlier post, reference the Cisco TMS Admin Guide on what the TMSSnmpService does and what you lose with having it disabled...which I would only recommend in the interim...meaning this issue is fixed in 14.2. Therefore, upgrade to 14.2 so has to resolve the issue, when it's released. And before you ask, TMS 14.2 should be out by the end of this month

Dale

Hi,

I dont see the call status of the Endpoint to change, until i do a force refresh.

I see that TMS would scan the Managed devices only every 15 minuts - So, this is an impact for my TMS monitoring.

TMSDatabaseScannerService

This scanner service checks the connection status, call status, and system configuration of existing

systems. It pauses for 15 minutes after a scan has finished

That's a separate bug in TMS 14.1.x you are describing - CSCue94672. It has been resolved in TMS 14.2, which was released earlier today.

Regards,

Kjetil

Kjetil, that`s good! Thank you!

Thanks Kjetil -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: