cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS SLOW PERFORMANCE

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

It's been a while and I am finally getting back to my original issue with TMS .

I am running TMS 15.4.0 on windows 2012. 

I am also running SQL 2012 on a seperate server.

I have over 300 managed and 250 unmanaged systems along with multiple MCU's and VCS's. 

Problem is slow response times. 

Takes about 2 to 3 minutes when I navigate the TMS example is system is sitting and I then go to say system navigator.  I have to wait then page comes up and I can move around thru various systems.  When I sit idle for about a minute or two it happens again.   

When I book a call and begin adding systems I have to wait for the list to come up for say internal systems and then say external systems listings. 

Any Ideas will be very helpful.   We have a good SQL admin who has looked at SQL and hasn't found any thing on the SQL server that could be causing the issue.   Maybe the TMS IIS ???  I don't know just brain storming .. 

Thanks. 

Chet Cronin
7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
When you installed TMS, did you install IIS or did you let TMS do it?
I've heard of some issues where customers took it upon themselves to install IIS manually and enabled features that hindered TMS. Whenever you install TMS, it will install and configure IIS automatically.

Yes we did reinstall TMS and let it install IIS but no change.

Chet Cronin

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a proxy server in between you and your TMS server?  I've seen issues before when slowness issues have been caused by a proxy in between.

Another thing to check, is your TMS server a Virtual Server?  If so, are there enough resources allocated to the VM?  Is the physical host overloaded and another VM consuming too many resources hindering the performance of your TMS?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

No there is no Proxy set up .. just TMS and SQL servers inside our network.
Chet Cronin

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do your "unmanaged endpoints" within TMS have anything configured in "Network Address" when viewing the settings page for each one? If so, blank out that field and resave the settings for each device. I have opened a bug for this behavior a few weeks ago, and is currently under investigation.

CDETS Id : CSCvh79519

There are 323 managed and 273 unmanaged ... yes some of the unmanaged have Network Address filled in. Many just Alias numbers.
Chet Cronin

Have you checked processor usage and running processes?

I've seen one instance where McAfee endpoint protection software (or something like that) was causing 100% CPU utilization on the TMS server, even though it was actually one of the TMS services showing high usage while the third party software was running.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: