cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS software Upgrade

Peter Anders
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently completing a change request to upgrade the TMS application from 14.1.1 to 14.3.1. I am working throgh the process howver has nayone completed this before and can light be shed on it .

Questions include

1. Is this a major relaease ( as new release key is needed)

2. what are the steps for Upgrade?

3. Is a SQL backup the only backup that is completed ?

Is there any other things which I need to watch out for ?

Thank you for your help

2 Replies 2

It's not a major release, no new key needed.  A major release would be e.g. going from 13.x to 14.x.

As for the steps, you need to have the SQL password + admin access to the server, but it's more or less:

Run the 14.3.1 installation on the TMS server

Follow the bouncing ball - just make sure you have the SQL details and admin access to the server.  It prompts you to make an SQL backup.

The SQL backup is the only backup performed, although if you run the SQL server locally and it's on a VM, you can just snapshot the entire server for easy rollback.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the TMS release notes and the updated TMS documentation.Thats a good source.

If you have the system on a virtual machine do a snapshot, thats an easy way to roll back

if you hit any issues.

Besides that it should work pretty well and the sql backup is what you should do.

If using TMSPE

I would also do a backup of the TMSPE database, I think the installer is only doing the backup of the

TMSNG. Also check the TMSPE version and see if you want to upgrade there as well.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify