cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Soho/Behind Firewall, Rebooting a codec

Tom Leinos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is it possible somehow to reboot a codec that is registered to TMS with SOHO/Behind Firewall Mode?

I tried using configuration templates with the command:

Reboot this system / Other type.

But the C-series device will not reboot.

The Problem is that if i upgrade a device that is in SOHO-mode. It requires a reboot before it starts downloading software/upgrading the device.

br. Tom

5 Replies 5

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Tom, When an endpoint is connected as behind firewall mode. The endpoint sends the request to TMS every 15 mins and TMS responds back. IMO, not sure if this can be achieved thro the template command until manual reboot.

Yes, this is the reason i am trying to figure it out. Can you send a reboot command to pend 15 minutes and wait for the codec to get the instruction.

Let me test this in lab and revert with more inputs.

Yes, I would be interested into that as well. Some time ago I unsuccessfully tried with an e20 (which I think read head some

generic api issues, so it might have failed by that).

Anyhow what I tried was the custom command (one at a time, I think the syntax of the first one should be the correct one):

The reboot and by that hopefully the capability to force it in a software upgrade (or directly a proper

"forced software upgrade if behind firewall" feature) in TMS is lacking and should be definitly in there.

So if its not possible let us know, if not make a feature request out of it!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

The reboot config template did not work when C40 was in behind firewall status as the Functions that require connection from TMS to System are disabled.

Definitely this has to go for new feature request. Please reach out to the Cisco sales/account team of your region to submit the same.