Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS SOHO solution - not able to connect to internal TMS database

jvodny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried to install second TMS 14.2. in DMZ and to connect it SQL database in internal TMS.

I am not able to connect to internal TMS database when using "IP_ADD_InternalTMS\tmsng". I received error that server does not exist or access is denied and I am not able to continue with installation.

It is not FW/Network issue - everything is permitted. I am able to connect from TMS in DMZ to internal TMS:

1) via telnet to port 1433

2) via  SQL Server Managenet Studio Express

Is there any possibility to install TMS in DMZ with local database and then to switch to remote database and unninstall local database?

Is there any document with detail description please what to do in internal TMS SQL database to be able accept connection from external TMS?

Many thanks,

Josef

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I am not sure where you are typing in this information but the syntax for the database connection is usually

SERVER\INSTANCE or just SERVER (IP or FQDN)

The database name is automatically discovered by the installer as TMSNG.

In the TMS tool the database name is written in a different field :

Unless you have an instance that is named tmsng? Please elaborate with more details if I have misunderstood your approach.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Many thanks for response.

I tried both option SERVER\Instance and also only SERVER IP.

Please see attached pictures:

Express_Studio.jpg - Connectin with SQL Server Managenet Studio Express from Server in DMZ where I am trying to install second TMS.

I am able to connect to internal TMS with SQL Authentication with "sa" username nad password. See picture -

Express_Studio_Connection_OK.jpg

When installing TMS in DMZ I tried to use only Server IP - I received error: Invalid connection, Invalid Instance

Picture: TMS_install_SERVER_IP_NOT_OK.jpg

When using Server\Instance I have received different error: SQL Server does not exist or Access denied.

Picture:

TMS_install_SERVER_INSTANCE_NOT_OK.jpg

Thanks,

Josef

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Sure, you can install a TMS in DMZ with Local Database and after the installation process and TMS is deployed you can change de database connection to another SQL, always that you have connection to this database.

I could see in your screenshots that you haven't a instance of SQL Server, you only have a SQL Server and tmsng database. You only have to put the IP address of your TMS SQL server and user/password.

What are the version of SQL which you are using?

Hi,

How can I change database connection to another SQL please?

I could not find document with description how to do that.

Internal TMS has its own local database - it was installed witj SQL Express 2005.

TMS 14.2. with new installation uses SQL Express 2008.

Josef

Hi Josef,

You can change the DB connection using TMS Tool, you can find in menu windows: start>all programas>...Cisco or Tandberg,..., like:

And clicking TMS Database Connection Setting:

You can configure another SQL Server.

Regards.