cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS, TMSPE, VCS provisioning 15.6 in BE6000

jlcembellin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to upgrade TMS 14.3 to 15.6 with TMPSPE in a virtualized server. There are a lot of jabber video endpoints.

The deployment guide of 15.6 says:

Note that Cisco TMSPE on Cisco Business Edition 6000 does not include Cisco VCS-based user provisioning for endpoints or FindMe

It means that I can't provision jabber endpoints in a BE6000 installation?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I presume you're asking about Jabber Video for TelePresence, which is the VCS based video only client, and NOT simply Jabber which is the CUCM based IM+video client.
Correct, TMSPE on BE6K doesn't support user provisioning or FindMe, which means you're unable to deploy Jabber Video for TelePresence on this server, this is because of the VM resources of the TMS server on BE6K are very small. A workaround is to deploy TMS and it's extensions on a different server where you can provide the required resources for a regular TMS deployment if needing to deploy all features of TMSPE.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I presume you're asking about Jabber Video for TelePresence, which is the VCS based video only client, and NOT simply Jabber which is the CUCM based IM+video client.
Correct, TMSPE on BE6K doesn't support user provisioning or FindMe, which means you're unable to deploy Jabber Video for TelePresence on this server, this is because of the VM resources of the TMS server on BE6K are very small. A workaround is to deploy TMS and it's extensions on a different server where you can provide the required resources for a regular TMS deployment if needing to deploy all features of TMSPE.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: