Helpful
Replies

TMS to MCU communication issue

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

Hope someone can help

I TMS with one 4520 MCU 

TMS reports that the connection is good but I'm getting warning logs on the MCU saying failed login attempt with user ID "administrator" coming from the TMS IP address.

The TMS Connection Status with the MCU say OK and that username and password is correct.

Is there some other area in TMS where this is configured?

TMS was never used for scheduling but now it will be. So this has never been an issue before and logging was just turned by me when I started looking at this issue. So not sure how long this has been going on with the password warnings on the MCU. but as soon as turned on logging this warning has been showing up in the logs. 

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only place this would be configured is under the Connection tab for the MCU within TMS.  Do you see anything in the TMS logs for the MCU at the same time you're seeing the authentication errors?  If you've verified the username/password is correct, you could possibly try to purge the MCU from TMS and then add it back, while it's purged, take a look at the MCU logs and see if you still get authentication issues.

Thanks the connection tab area looks good. the only indication that I believe it the password are

1. the admin password on MCU was changed

2. TMS showed HTTP connection error after password was changed

3. MCU Audit log showed administrator login errors

4. Connection Tab on TMS was updated with new password

5. Connection Tab now shows all Ok

But now TMS can't build conferences on MCU

Im new to the site and scheduling is not something that was used prior so Im not 100% sure this was ever working. But before I will be allowed to Purge and re-add I have to prove 100% that this will fix it.

Attached is a pcap file of the communications between the MCU (.146) and TMS (.118) this was taken during three test conference scheduling attempts that all failed. The meeting invites for OBTP and endpoint free/busy were all updated correctly, a PtP call scheduled in TMS and a MultiPoint call using built-in MultiSite on a CODEC all work correctly.

Is there anyone that can provide a pcap file and the MCU logs of a working scheduled call with a Codian MCU?  

What error are you getting in TMS when it tries to create conferences on the MCU, refer to the event log of the conference within TMS and on the MCU.

Is the MCU and TMS configured correct based on the MCU Deployment Guide?

Purging the MCU from TMS was mentioned only as a last resort, it was only suggested as a method of configuring both products from a clean slate to try and correct the password issue.

Hello

That is the troubling part not getting any error at all in TMS. Conference logs just show conf setup then nothing. the endpoint see the meeting on their meeting gui page. But there is no Auto connect or if OBTP is used the connect button tries to call the first TMS meeting number but call fails because no conf is built on MCU.  

3/15/2016 10:42:31 AM Lawrence James   Conference: Created
3/15/2016 10:42:31 AM Lawrence James   Instance: Created, start time 03/15/2016 10:42:00 -04:00
3/15/2016 10:42:32 AM network service network service   Instance: Started
3/15/2016 10:42:34 AM network service network service Room 1750 Instance: Meeting allocated on port: 1
3/15/2016 10:42:34 AM network service network service Room 1750 Instance: Sent message to participant Room 1750: Scheduled call being connected
3/15/2016 10:42:34 AM network service network service Room 1751 Instance: Meeting allocated on port: 1
3/15/2016 10:42:34 AM network service network service Room 1751 Instance: Sent message to participant Room 1751: Scheduled call being connected
3/15/2016 11:36:30 AM network service network service   Instance: Your meeting was not automatically extended because no meeting participants are connected
3/15/2016 11:36:30 AM network service network service Room 1750 Instance: Sent message to participant Room 1750: Your meeting was not automatically extended because no meeting participants are connected

Is the MCU configured correctly per the MCU 45X0, 53X0 and MCU MSE 8510 Version 4.5 Deployment Guide?  There is also a section in the guide that covers the MCU configuration within TMS as well.

There are a few discrepancies from the manual:

Dial plan is not using prefixes

SIP is not used in the network

H323 registration is set to Enabled instead of Required

Search Rules need a lot of work (but that is for another discussion). 

I would believe these were the issue is the calls were failing - but the conference is not even being created and the MCU doesn't start dialing out at all.

hbwidowmaker1
Level 1
Level 1

Your problem could be you.  Step away from the box and call me.

Alan