cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Upgrade TMSPE or TMS first - TMS 13.2 TMSPE 1.0

bapayne
Level 1
Level 1

We have TMS 13.2 and TMSPE 1.0 all work great. I would like to upgrade to 14.3.2 and TMSPE 1.1 but TMSPE 1.1 requires 14.2 and 14.2 requires TMSPE 1.1 so how do I go about doing the upgrade - I can not find any documentation that addresses this clearly. I don't mind going from 13.2 to 14.2 upgrading TMSPE to 1.1 then upgrading to 14.3.2 - just want to be sure this will work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As long as nobody is trying to use it at the time you're upgrading it, it shouldn't matter too much which order you do it in.  Note: the TMS version required by TMSPE is the minimum version required for operation, so you can use it with a higher numbered version.

I'd upgrade TMS straight to 14.3.2, then do TMSPE to 1.1.

Note: Some processes may be slightly different depending on what version of software you're running on your VCSes.  There's two TMSPE deployment guides, one for older releases and one for X8.1.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As long as nobody is trying to use it at the time you're upgrading it, it shouldn't matter too much which order you do it in.  Note: the TMS version required by TMSPE is the minimum version required for operation, so you can use it with a higher numbered version.

I'd upgrade TMS straight to 14.3.2, then do TMSPE to 1.1.

Note: Some processes may be slightly different depending on what version of software you're running on your VCSes.  There's two TMSPE deployment guides, one for older releases and one for X8.1.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,

thanks for the response - Your recommendation is the same as what TAC finally sent me as well. We are on 8.1.1 now (thanks to the OpenSSL vulnerability) so will be following that guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: