cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS V14.4 install on TMS appliance fails

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

According to the  release notes the TMS 14.4 is supported as upgrade on a old Tandberg TMS appliance. But when I try to do the upgrade I get the pop-up= "This product can only be installed on Windows Server versions 2008R2 and newer"...

What am I doing wrong?

Relese notes 14.4.2 page 24:

Planned changes for future releases
Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2003, and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 32-bit operating systems will be removed in the next release of Cisco TMS. Note that we will still support the Cisco TMS Server Appliance on Windows Server 2003.

3 Replies 3

thobonho2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

What you're quoting is probably for another version. I know it's confusing but all changes are listed in the same document version after version.

Look at this doc, from page 5. It says support for Windows 2003 was removed in version 14.3:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/release_note/Cisco-TMS-release-notes-14-4-2.pdf

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That particular note is in the TMS 14.2 Release Notes on pg 7, and per the TMS 14.3 Release Notes on pg 5, support was removed for Windows 2003.  Looks like they only supported 2003 for one more release after making that statement.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Comment about the release notes, the passage quoted was added to the 14.2 section.

In the 14.3 you see an info that it was removed for customer supplied servers.

I did not find any further reference in the newer sections about the tms appliance.

So thats either not ideal in the documentation or there is some other issue you hit.

Anyhow, the TMS Server Appliance is EOL:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/telepresence-management-suite-tms/end_of_life_notice_c51-683062.html

This site lists:

End of SW Maintenance Releases Date:
HW

The last date that Cisco Engineering may release any final software maintenance releases or bug fixes. After this date, Cisco Engineering will no longer develop, repair, maintain, or test the product software.

February 2, 2013

I strongly encourage you to move away from the appliance and move to a virtualized install.

The backdraws I see are that you need a windows license and also Cisco seems

to charge for rehosting the license from the TMS B (appliance) serial number to the

A (sw-only) serial.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify