cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Video Conference MAster API Commands

Brandon Rebbe
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenario where we are using the Video conference master setting in TMS to try and define some settings in a room that are controlled by a third party controller.

So if one site is the master we setup profiles like back camera on back monitor on sharing specific content etc...

I have gone through the API document to find some answers but I cannot find what I am looking for.

When TMS books a call does any of that info get stored locally on the codec before the call starts?  So I could query the codec to find out if it was the master in the next cal..

I found that the conferencing object holds the info that I need, but I am not sure how to get to it.  I could go in and pars the data I need I would think.

My though process would be to get the call ID once it was first booked and updated to the meeting list on the codec, then go to the booking object for that call ID and parse the xml file.

I know this is a weird one but am Is my thinking correct that there is a booking object file for each call?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sebastian Hughes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Brandon,

If I understand your question correctly you can run the command on a TC endpoint:

xcommand Bookings list

This will provide information about the meeting as well as the following line:

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Role: Master

If it is not Master it will say Slave

Hope this answers your question

Sebastian

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sebastian Hughes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Brandon,

If I understand your question correctly you can run the command on a TC endpoint:

xcommand Bookings list

This will provide information about the meeting as well as the following line:

*r BookingsListResult Booking 1 Role: Master

If it is not Master it will say Slave

Hope this answers your question

Sebastian

I think this is what I am looking for.  I am going to test this today.

That command shows me what I need before the call.  Is there anything I can run during the call that shows that?  I can use xstatus call and xstatus conference to get info including the conference ID which I could then reference with the bookings to match it up. 

But, is there anyway to query a call that has already started to find out who is the master or slave?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: