cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS with Java running 100%

Steve Deslandes
Level 1
Level 1

One of my customer's is complaining that his TMS server has the Java application running at 100% of CPU capacity. They realized the problem because going into conference control took forever to load up. Customer is running TMS version 13.2 without TMSPE. I found documentation explaining that Java 6 Update 33 should be used for TMSPE version 1.0. Is there a Java version that is recommended to be used for TMS Legacy version 13.2? Thanks

5 Replies 5

Steve Deslandes
Level 1
Level 1

Just found out that my customer is running Java 6 Update 5 on his server

The TMS release notes just refer to the ancient version 1.5 as being the "required" version, and 1.6.0 or later is recommended.

All the more recent Java version, all the better, for security and bug fixes.  We were running TMS 13.2 on Java Version 7, Update 25 until recently. (We're now running TMS 14.1.1).

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Did you update to Java version 7 before you updated to 14.1.1? I'm about to do an upgrade to 14.1.1 and would like to get off of java 6 before upgrading but I'd rather not bork the system with an incompatible version of Java prior to the upgrade.

Yes, we upgraded to Java 7 while we were still on TMS13.2, then upgraded to TMS14.1.1 aferwards.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The java version used by Legacy Provisioning Agents is built within the TMS software. Any other version of java installed on the server will not be used. As far as the high CPU usage, there a number of issues that could be causing it. Do the TMS Agent diagnostics run clean? Are there any failures in the Activity Status page (specifically tasks that relate to provisioning or provisioning data )? Is there AntiVirus software loaded on the server? Is so, does the CPU usage drop where disabling the AntiVirus software? How many active NICs are on the TMS server? Only on NIC is supported, and running multiple will cause issues? Is there plenty of free space available if the hard drive that has TMS installed? Us the a folder in the Provisioning directory configured for Active Directory import, and the search DN contains a very high number of objects? If you are unable to resolve the issue with the information here, I would suggest opening a TAC, as this issue will be quite difficult to resolve via this forum.

-Zac Colton

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: