Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS-XE 5.5 Scheduling Mailbox

PT18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to use the scheduling mailbox feature in TMSXE 5.5 and have 10 ports reserved for video call type on each protocol, however, when I attempt to use that mailbox as a resource in Outlook meeting, I get a response from TMS stating with Subject "Action Required: " and email body containing "Proposed Action: Remove telepresence rooms or call-in participants, or contact your administrator." "Cisco TMS could not schedule the necessary telepresence resources for this meeting. Try rescheduling with a different time or different telepresence rooms, or contact your administrator for assistance."

Do I need to configure anything on TMS (v15.5) too for it to be able to identify this meeting room resource and allocate VC resources?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zoltan Kelemen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have enough resources for 10 participants on each protocol?
Depending on your deployment, default conferncing settings etc, that could be a lot of resources assumed (TMS will be looking for a bridge that an host all those participants)

Can all of the protocols be routed in the same conference as dial-in calls?

See if you can you make a similar booking manually in TMS
i.e.: add 10 dial-in participants of each protocol (at the same time)
Will TMS schedule the call?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Zoltan Kelemen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have enough resources for 10 participants on each protocol?
Depending on your deployment, default conferncing settings etc, that could be a lot of resources assumed (TMS will be looking for a bridge that an host all those participants)

Can all of the protocols be routed in the same conference as dial-in calls?

See if you can you make a similar booking manually in TMS
i.e.: add 10 dial-in participants of each protocol (at the same time)
Will TMS schedule the call?

Thanks Zoltan, it turned out to be silly mistake. I was adding 10 ports for ISDN too which we do not use and that's probably why TMS was complaining that it could not schedule necessary resources.

From your suggestion, I tried creating conference on TMS portal and it threw me error on ISDN connection straight away.

Appreciate your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: